CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Advice please. I got my Carmine Red 4S on 23rd December. I absolutely love my car, no question.
The car was delivered from Wolverhampton to Norwich on a big truck. When it arrived I noticed that two fo the wheel
Centres were black and two were gold and coloured. I prefer the gold and colour. So I emailed and phoned the Wolverhampton garage- they would order some
In and a device to put them on. Have emailed several times now and phoned and spoken to them. Because of lockdown I cannot drive there (if I lived nearby I would drive there every week to remind them to get them for me). I am extremely annoyed by this and yet what can I do - almost 3 months with the wheel centres that done match on my beautiful car.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do now? Since I got the car the Porsche garage in Notwich has opened. Ought I to go there and buy some? This is bad customer serviceI’m my opinion.
What do you think?
Sponsored

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Congrats on your new 4S!

Just to be clear, are you saying your new car was delivered with mismatched wheel centers? And you can't get your Porsche Center to do anything about it?

If that's the case you should get in touch with Porsche directly. Here in the U.S. we have PCNA (Porsche Cars North America). Do you have a corresponding entity in the UK? You most certainly should not have to bear the cost yourself to remedy this. Good luck.

Stretch9

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 Audi R8 V10, '19 Mini JCW, '15 MB C300 hybrid
Country flag
Is this a "used approved" purchase I.e. not a new car? The dealer should fix this free of charge - its poor preparation and should have been identified during pre-delivery inspection. What wheels do you have?

Persevere and if no progress post on their Facebook page.

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is this a "used approved" purchase I.e. not a new car? The dealer should fix this free of charge - its poor preparation and should have been identified during pre-delivery inspection. What wheels do you have?

Persevere and if no progress post on their Facebook page.
A brand new car. Had 23 miles on the clock when I got it. It was delivered by truck as we were in lockdown so as it was here and I really wanted it I was happy. There was no manual either which arrived in Feb. I am tired of chasing for these. Irritated by this poor service and not sure what to do now.

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
Which did you opt for? If I remember correctly the full colour was an optional extra so if you didn't pay for them then would have got the black ones.

If you end up with the 2 black being replaced (eventually!) with coloured then I'd let them know you were unhappy but ultimately let it go.

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
I would recommend contacting the following:

Porsche Customer Care

Your local Porsche Centre team will be delighted to assist you with any product or technical queries you may have.

Our UK based team of dedicated Porsche experts are also on hand to support you by telephone or email.

Phone:
+44 3457 911 911

Email:
[email protected]

Perhaps they can assist you in expediting your matter. Make sure you have your vehicle identification number (VIN) handy when referencing your issue. You may also wish to request a set of gold-coloured wheel centers as well, given the level of frustration and inconvenience you went through.

OP
OP
CarolineK

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Which did you opt for? If I remember correctly the full colour was an optional extra so if you didn't pay for them then would have got the black ones.

If you end up with the 2 black being replaced (eventually!) with coloured then I'd let them know you were unhappy but ultimately let it go.
Thanks Alex, I was meant to have coloured centres. I just want them so that I can forget about it. Unfortunately that has not yet happened. I will wait til the middle of the week and then email Porsche headquarters UK as I have email trails, dates of calls etc.

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
In which case kick their ass! Mine's on the boat as we speak I think, first thing I'll check is my coloured wheel centres ;)
Sponsored