JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
Been to test drive the Taycan today (unreal btw) and had a chance to compare the white colour range as I wasn't sure which to choose from for my 4S.

Presume some people on here will be in a similar predicament if you're looking at a 4S or Turbo and are wondering if the 'Carrera White Metallic' is worth the £774 upgrade. Therefore, I took some pics side-by-side, and also in front of a Carrera White Metallic 4S car.

My main takeaway is that the shade of white is barely noticeable. The metallic version has shiny pigments if you look very closely and have the sun bouncing off it at the correct angle. At distance they are not noticeable at all.

Let me know what you think!
(Carrera White Metallic is the plate on the underside - if you zoom in, you can see the shiny pigments)

Porsche Taycan White Colour Range Comparison 21e570bae2c9d862b1a80614c1f0abe1

Porsche Taycan White Colour Range Comparison b6b1df96e3c2426d1f437ad9b06b0028

Porsche Taycan White Colour Range Comparison a986fa4f6adb01244012c79eb98d2683

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Here are some pictures from the Norwegian Taycan group on Facebook where a base white Taycan is parked next to a Carrara white Taycan. The Turbo with the sports package has the base white paint.

Porsche Taycan White Colour Range Comparison wt1
Porsche Taycan White Colour Range Comparison wt2
Porsche Taycan White Colour Range Comparison wt3
Porsche Taycan White Colour Range Comparison wt4

OP
OP
JamieG

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
Nice share! Looks more noticable on those pictures. The Carrera White Metallic looks more of a pure white and the standard white slightly darker.
Would be nice to see them both in the sun!

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I’ve got the standard white and it looks fantastic. It’s a warmer colour. The metallic looks a lot colder when you see them.

OP
OP
JamieG

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
I’ve got the standard white and it looks fantastic. It’s a warmer colour. The metallic looks a lot colder when you see them.
I don't suppose you could share some pics of your car, could you? Be nice to see some more pics of the standard version before placing my order tomorrow morning :)

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I couldn't choose between these two and volcano grey, so I went for Crayon...

bgatxy1

First Name
b
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993, RRS, Taycan4S
Country flag
Here is a comparison I took in direct sun before deciding on CW.

Porsche Taycan White Colour Range Comparison white options 3

OP
OP
JamieG

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
Here is a comparison I took in direct sun before deciding on CW.

white options 3.jpg
Is 'CW' the standard (non-metallic) version?
Also, any pics of your car would be great too! There's only a thread for the metallic version on here

vertebae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
pending
Country flag
Been to test drive the Taycan today (unreal btw) and had a chance to compare the white colour range as I wasn't sure which to choose from for my 4S.

Presume some people on here will be in a similar predicament if you're looking at a 4S or Turbo and are wondering if the 'Carrera White Metallic' is worth the £774 upgrade. Therefore, I took some pics side-by-side, and also in front of a Carrera White Metallic 4S car.

My main takeaway is that the shade of white is barely noticeable. The metallic version has shiny pigments if you look very closely and have the sun bouncing off it at the correct angle. At distance they are not noticeable at all.

Let me know what you think!
(Carrera White Metallic is the plate on the underside - if you zoom in, you can see the shiny pigments)

21e570bae2c9d862b1a80614c1f0abe1.jpg

b6b1df96e3c2426d1f437ad9b06b0028.jpg

a986fa4f6adb01244012c79eb98d2683.jpg
This is a great comparison and thread. I currently have a base white car and have been mulling about going over into the metallics for some time too, and then Ice Grey Metallic also caught my eye. Would be interesting if one day we could see a swatch of all the neutral colors from light to dark:

White - Carrara White Metallic - Ice Grey Metallic - Dolomite Silver Metallic - Volcano Grey Metallic - Jet Black Metallic - Black

Even better if someone can find 7 Taycans and line them up too!

bgatxy1

First Name
b
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
993, RRS, Taycan4S
Country flag
Is 'CW' the standard (non-metallic) version?
Also, any pics of your car would be great too! There's only a thread for the metallic version on here
Full disclosure on the photo I posted. Those were not Taycan side by side, none were in the US at the time. The Porsche colors photographed were Carrera White and Carrera White Metallic. I thought the Carrera White looked brighter in person.
The US Taycan build configurator has "White" or "Carrera White Metallic" names for white Taycan choices.
I believe the white color thread here has examples of both metallic and non metallic Taycans.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/carrara-white-taycan-club.725/

OP
OP
JamieG

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
Full disclosure on the photo I posted. Those were not Taycan side by side, none were in the US at the time. The Porsche colors photographed were Carrera White and Carrera White Metallic. I thought the Carrera White looked brighter in person.
The US Taycan build configurator has "White" or "Carrera White Metallic" names for white Taycan choices.
I believe the white color thread here has examples of both metallic and non metallic Taycans.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/carrara-white-taycan-club.725/
Sadly there’s only very few standard whites in there. This one for me stood out the most due to the car looking more yellow with the sun setting on it.

I also read another comparison thread and someone said the standard white looks like a ‘Ford Transit Van White’, which has just put me right off! Think I’ll reluctantly have to pay the upgrade to metallic! :angel: