PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Different states have their own window tinting laws, so you must pay attention to your state's law when choosing your tint percentage. If you want to tint your windows more, you can use magnetic sunshages. I buy sunshades here: https://snapshades.com/car-sun-protection-for-infants/ . I have a friend who has his car 80% tinted, and now every time we drive past the cops, he rolls all 4 windows down. I'm amazed how he's been able to avoid a ticket for months now. I don't advise you to do that because the fines for tinting are high.
Been tinting since the late 80's darker than the legal limit. Never been an issue (but in FL every car has tint). Always put the windows down when stopped by law enforcement. It is probably different in every state if tint is Probable Cause for a stop. You can tell the illegal 5% guys, but the difference between 20% and 35% is not that noticeable as light through the windshield makes it appear less dark. In the rain all cars look darker.
Sponsored

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I usually go 5% on my cars but I went 35% with this.

No regrets.

20211119 - Porsche Taycan (7 of 82) (IMGC4884).jpg
I like the idea of a darker tint on a lighter car... I've ordered Chalk exterior / Black interior. Thinking 70% windshield, 35% driver/passenger doors, 20% rear window.

While I'm used to tinting doors and rear window, this combined with tinting the windshield would be new for me. Welcome any thoughts!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I like the idea of a darker tint on a lighter car... I've ordered Chalk exterior / Black interior. Thinking 70% windshield, 35% driver/passenger doors, 20% rear window.

While I'm used to tinting doors and rear window, this combined with tinting the windshield would be new for me. Welcome any thoughts!
Do a matching % on all glass with only expectation windshield if the sides/rear are very dark. My Taycan is 15% around - 30% windshield. (photo in earlier post) If you're in a warmer sunny climate I suggest at least 50% for windshield.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I would use the 20% for all side and rear windows and not different driver and passenger. It is noticeable and to me does not look like it matches or is consistent.

Mine is 20% all windows except the windshield which is 70% (looks totally clear).

Porsche Taycan Window tint Taycansidetint

artdept

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
t -model 3, Dodge Coin Style Model Y, white taycan
Country flag
I was dead set on tinting before i got my car ( my volt was complete tint) but when I got my white 4s with mission e wheels I loved it the way it was and did not tint the windows at all. but maybe i will tint the back a little now that im 2 years in.

Last edited:

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
I would use the 20% for all side and rear windows and not different driver and passenger. It is noticeable and to me does not look like it matches or is consistent.

Mine is 20% all windows except the windshield which is 70% (looks totally clear).

Taycansidetint.jpg
Thanks for the pic. That’s the result I’ll be looking for (but Gentian Blue). It’s as blacked out as it an be without limo tint. And I’m also in FL so it’s nice to know that LEOs won’t harass me… which I really wasn’t concerned with, anyway.

Fall7St8nd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was dead set on tinting before i got my car ( my volt was complete tint) but when I got my white 4s with mission e wheels I loved it the way it was and did not tint the windows at all. but maybe i will tint the back a little now that im 2 years in.
I like the way it looks from the outside without tint as well (pictures and seeing one in town driving by)… but not sure I like the “fish bowl” feeling of being inside. Having too much fun driving to really notice? 😀

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the pic. That’s the result I’ll be looking for (but Gentian Blue). It’s as blacked out as it an be without limo tint. And I’m also in FL so it’s nice to know that LEOs won’t harass me… which I really wasn’t concerned with, anyway.
Tampa here. Here is an interior view (pardon the messy matt) so you can see the impact. I have a tint strip (20% on the windshield to hide my dashcam (was not installed in this pic) and toll reader).

The Genetian Blue will look nice with the dark tint. The interior color impacts darkness too. I have the Limestone so being lighter inside and sun through the windshield makes it look less dark. Limo (5% is too dark and really hard to see out when no exterior light.

20%-22% is what your typical SUV rear door, side, and back window has from the factory. I always use the 20%. The LEO obviously has the right to ticket you for it if he has a tint meter, but you have to really been doing something wrong and he is just writing you up for everything. I always put all my windows down when stopped so they have clear view into the car for their safety and eliminate it as a question.
Porsche Taycan Window tint Interior1

mcdermottm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB EQE SUV 350+, ‘23 Taycan RWD coming soon
Country flag
Tampa here. Here is an interior view (pardon the messy matt) so you can see the impact. I have a tint strip (20% on the windshield to hide my dashcam (was not installed in this pic) and toll reader).

The Genetian Blue will look nice with the dark tint. The interior color impacts darkness too. I have the Limestone so being lighter inside and sun through the windshield makes it look less dark. Limo (5% is too dark and really hard to see out when no exterior light.

20%-22% is what your typical SUV rear door, side, and back window has from the factory. I always use the 20%. The LEO obviously has the right to ticket you for it if he has a tint meter, but you have to really been doing something wrong and he is just writing you up for everything. I always put all my windows down when stopped so they have clear view into the car for their safety and eliminate it as a question.
Interior1.jpg
Cool. I’m over in Melbourne. I also have the limestone interior coming. It’s been years since I’ve been pulled over and I’ve never been in a situation where a LEO had to add anything to my problem and I don’t plan on being in that situation any time soon. 😆 But my plan is to roll the win Dow’s down, as you mention.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag

Taycansidetint.jpg
Looks great. I went 20% all around with Xpel Prime too.

Vinsanity

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Hey guys. New to the forum here and eagerly awaiting my gentian blue taycan with bordeaux red/black seats. Due to arrive in 1 week. I will definitely be getting tint on it before pickup. I live in the Atlanta area and legal limit here is 35% for windows and no tint for front windshield.

I was planning on doing 35% for all windows and rear windshield and 75% for front. Do you think that is risky? Is the 75% tint even that detectable?

Also, any ideas on whether front windshield tinting will affect gate access/RFID stickers?

Thanks and appreciate any assistance here...

electric9925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Hey guys. New to the forum here and eagerly awaiting my gentian blue taycan with bordeaux red/black seats. Due to arrive in 1 week. I will definitely be getting tint on it before pickup. I live in the Atlanta area and legal limit here is 35% for windows and no tint for front windshield.

I was planning on doing 35% for all windows and rear windshield and 75% for front. Do you think that is risky? Is the 75% tint even that detectable?

Also, any ideas on whether front windshield tinting will affect gate access/RFID stickers?

75% would be barely noticeable and I’ve never heard it effecting RFID stickers

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

50% is vitually clear and the TSR is so low I wouldn't bother - go at least 30-40% range or darker. My sunpass and other devices work fine with film. It's not a rear windshield - just rear glass.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have 70% on my windshield and a 20% strip at the top to hide my Valentine 1 G2, Blackvue Dashcam, and my toll reader. (Dashcam was not installed when I took this pic). Zero issues with the devices working, toll reader etc and when you look at it, you cannot tell there is tint on the windshield.

Porsche Taycan Window tint TaycanV1
Sponsored