Windshield replacement for 4S

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
Had to have my windshield replaced due to rock chip creating a crack that spread across half the windshield. Wasn’t bad at all. Insurance covered the cost (minus the deductible) and went thru local Safelite. They had the OEM windshield in stock, we just had to verify they had the correct windshield for the options on the vehicle and correct the insurance company telling their computer it was a Panamera GTS. They ran the VIN to ensure they had the right windshield and had me come in to the shop just short of a week after starting the process and finished the replacement in a couple of hours. They did say they did not have the equipment to calibrate the camera/sensors on the windshield but the service dept at Porsche told me they would say that, but that none was necessary. I have new tires coming in next week, so I’ll have the service dept look at it anyway to be sure. All in all, very easy and very quick. I saw someone post before that it took a couple months to get the replacement done bc they had to ship the windshield from Germany. Part shortages seem to be easing up. Happy with the work and whole process. Just wanted others to be able to see this in case they had to go thru it too.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Great to hear and congrats on a good result - curious if you'll consider STEK or equivalent on the new windshield - as I've mentioned elsewhere, I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that my STEk install has saved me a replacement on at least two occasions to date. But also, if you go that route, it is essential to get an experienced pro installer to be sure there are zero imperfections with the install.

OP
OP
TYKHAAAN

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
Great to hear and congrats on a good result - curious if you'll consider STEK or equivalent on the new windshield - as I've mentioned elsewhere, I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that my STEk install has saved me a replacement on at least two occasions to date. But also, if you go that route, it is essential to get an experienced pro installer to be sure there are zero imperfections with the install.
Never heard of this until now. Looks amazing and I may end up getting it. Thanks!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Never heard of this until now. Looks amazing and I may end up getting it. Thanks!
Def recommend as cheap insurance if only to avoid the inconvenience of replacement alone!
But, as others have found, the installer KEY as with a less than perfect install there’s a good chance you’ll end up with slight imperfections - I’m esp anal about this and a tiny imperfection in my original install and I still had them redo it! :). Result though is perfect and on now for a full year with zero visibility issues - frankly forgot it was on there!
Sponsored