Winter Rims Decisions - OEM - Taycan Turbo S

TacticalOtaku

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan and Macan
Country flag
I'm considering either rocking winter tires on the e-mission rims and then getting a different set of rims for summers, maybe the gts spyder rims. (if they fit)

or

Keeping my e-mission with the all season that are on there, while purchasing OEM porsche winter rim and tire package, it looks like it covers the brakes which could be beneficial in protecting the PCCBs.

or

Not drive it during the winter.

any inputs?

live in Toronto Canada, where they overdo it on the road salt - not even kidding about. large and heavy amounts - your clothes, your car, will be covered with it. There's so much salt, during spring, you could still see the salt still on the road, despite heavy rainfall.
Sponsored

Fearlesscal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus IS250, Taycan GTS (looking)
Country flag
I'm in the same boat deciding - about to lock in a Taycan GTS for delivery in Oct-Jan timeframe.

If you're going to drive it, definitely recommend a second set......winter crap and higher chance of curb rash and damaging rim. Then looks terrible driving the same rim in summer. 2nd set also means a hassle to change the tires (if you don't do them yourself) - I don't think 4 wheels&tires are going to fit in the car.

I don't really want to drive the car in winter here but probably also not good to have the car sitting in a garage for 3 months. Am leaning towards an after-market 20" set.

OP
OP
TacticalOtaku

TacticalOtaku

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan and Macan
Country flag
I'm in the same boat deciding - about to lock in a Taycan GTS for delivery in Oct-Jan timeframe.

If you're going to drive it, definitely recommend a second set......winter crap and higher chance of curb rash and damaging rim. Then looks terrible driving the same rim in summer. 2nd set also means a hassle to change the tires (if you don't do them yourself) - I don't think 4 wheels&tires are going to fit in the car.

I don't really want to drive the car in winter here but probably also not good to have the car sitting in a garage for 3 months. Am leaning towards an after-market 20" set.
Yeah, luckily I do my own changes, thats the way to do it. I have a macan, so i havent decided. not sure if aftermarket is even worth it. i just hate all that salt rock and grime hitting the calipars and brakes, PCCB is too expensive to replace if damaged.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’m just swapping tires on the OEM rims in the winter (I can fit the tires in the sedan with seats folded, changing at the dealership). After one season, I haven’t noticed any chips on the wheels or PCCB calipers. Maybe I’m risking it? 🤷‍♂️

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
My experience with nice wheels in winter conditions is that if you drive in deep snow, you can get snow/ice inside the wheel well which can cause an imbalance when the wheel spins. It’s very annoying. A wheel choice that covers more of the wheel face is ideal for truly snowy conditions.

GLM1

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I live. In Montreal, received my 4S CT October 2023, i immediately had 20 inch winter wheels and snow tires installed. I had them painted black to suit the car, I spend a lot of time at my cottage in deep snow, no vibration issues. See photo attached. The wheels are not as nice as my summer wheels, but they keep the snow out, would recommend them.

Porsche Taycan Winter Rims Decisions - OEM - Taycan Turbo S IMG_4412

Porsche Taycan Winter Rims Decisions - OEM - Taycan Turbo S IMG_4411

Hawk

First Name
Addy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc C55 AMG, Audi Q7
Country flag
I live. In Montreal, received my 4S CT October 2023, i immediately had 20 inch winter wheels and snow tires installed. I had them painted black to suit the car, I spend a lot of time at my cottage in deep snow, no vibration issues. See photo attached. The wheels are not as nice as my summer wheels, but they keep the snow out, would recommend them.

IMG_4412.jpeg

IMG_4411.jpeg
Great thread. Are these porsche Rim and tire set painted black? Any aftermarket Rim options anyone had in mind?

Had the same questions in mind while my GTS is sitting at emden counting Days for it to arrive.

GLM1

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
They are Porsche rims and tires painted black.
Sponsored