TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
Fun times!

Watch us use the VBOX and Dragy along with Launch Control to test out the all new Porsche Taycan Turbo S and Turbo; including 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, 0-60 MPH, 0-100 MPH and more

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
As I had also posted to YouTube yesterday when I watched this video.
Brooks never said what the tires on on each car. I don't think it was so clear that SOC was the only possible explanation for the Turbo S not doing much better than the Turbo. He would actually need to test same car with different SOC values to make such an assertion.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Did anyone notice how (I think it was on the first run) the state of charge, as measured by the remaining miles, dropped while he was braking? If anything, it should have gone up due to the charge added by the regenerative braking. It was showing the dash during the run, and after he hit the brakes the miles remaining went down, to 117 I think... Interesting. I don't know how the charge is measured, but that can't be right.

Edit: Look at position 12:50 on the video. It's the second test of the Turbo S, where he starts braking.

Last edited:

DeciusCaeciliusMetellus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Country flag
Did anyone notice how (I think it was on the first run) the state of charge, as measured by the remaining miles, dropped while he was braking? If anything, it should have gone up due to the charge added by the regenerative braking. It was showing the dash during the run, and after he hit the brakes the miles remaining went down, to 117 I think... Interesting. I don't know how the charge is measured, but that can't be right.

Edit: Look at position 12:50 on the video. It's the second test of the Turbo S, where he starts braking.
I would assume that the range estimator just included the "spirited driving" in its estimation.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I would assume that the range estimator just included the "spirited driving" in its estimation.
Yes, but the range shouldn't drop during braking. This was heavy braking from a high speed. That should have added a bit of charge to the battery.

DeciusCaeciliusMetellus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Country flag
Yes, but the range shouldn't drop during braking. This was heavy braking from a high speed. That should have added a bit of charge to the battery.
Estimated remaining range is not the same as charge remaining in the battery. The estimated remaining range depends on the consumption.
If the range estimator assumed a higher consumption after a few 0-60 sprints, the projected range could drop while the charge in the battery actually increases.
That's just my hypothesis, of course.
Sponsored