Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, Aspiring GTS ST owner.
Country flag
Was the leather interior the one without charge?
Yup. I actually saw it in-person today - it’s gorgeous. I wish I saw it before, I wouldn’t have paid extra to get full leather. Too late to change my spec now.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
amI the only one that hates the key fob?
It was amusing to see in his demonstration of how to spec options to a careful budget, a £261 painted keyfob that needs to be kept in a leather pouch to stop it getting scratched, and advice that people should get the Electric Sport Sound even if they don't use it, because used buyers like him would expect it.
I do like his enthusiastic videos though.

&roid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar iPace
Country flag
that’s a beautiful looking car. I’m just in the process of looking for my next car (currently in an iPace on lease)… this may very well be what I go for next

Taycian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
that’s a beautiful looking car. I’m just in the process of looking for my next car (currently in an iPace on lease)… this may very well be what I go for next
I had an iPace. The Taycan is on another level. Feels noticeably quicker (I have 4S) and even more refined.

&roid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar iPace
Country flag
I had an iPace. The Taycan is on another level. Feels noticeably quicker (I have 4S) and even more refined.
That’s great feedback - anything you miss about the jag? I really like mine but I can get a well specked 4S CT for nearly the same monthly cost so fancy a change.

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo 2022, Tesla Model X 2020
Country flag
Did he say, he chose standard interior and has a memory package? Is memory package available in US configurator without selecting 14 or 18 way seats?

Taycian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
That’s great feedback - anything you miss about the jag? I really like mine but I can get a well specked 4S CT for nearly the same monthly cost so fancy a change.
Don't think I miss anything. Taycan is better for almost everything: range, performance, handling, ride, styling...

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
It was amusing to see in his demonstration of how to spec options to a careful budget, a £261 painted keyfob that needs to be kept in a leather pouch to stop it getting scratched, and advice that people should get the Electric Sport Sound even if they don't use it, because used buyers like him would expect it.
Hahaha I thought the same thing.

Sport sound is kind of cool, but jumping from my 4S to a CT4, I totally left it off the new build after never using it. It's also something that can be added later, so is arguably one of the most flexible options available.

I think his take on a lot of the performance options was spot on, especially for your everyday driver. Just about every sports car made in their most basic trim/spec is just fantastic. This car company makes sure even a butt naked 718 or RWD Taycan is still a joy on the road and through the turns.

&roid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar iPace
Country flag
Don't think I miss anything. Taycan is better for almost everything: range, performance, handling, ride, styling...
great news - especially on range. I’ve been so impressed with how far I can take the iPace that if the taycan matches (or even beats) that I’ll be sorted.

dynamo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan 4 cross tourismo
Country flag

I chuckled. I didn't realize I'm supposed to spec my car for the next owner.

Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, Aspiring GTS ST owner.
Country flag
Hahaha I thought the same thing.

Sport sound is kind of cool, but jumping from my 4S to a CT4, I totally left it off the new build after never using it. It's also something that can be added later, so is arguably one of the most flexible options available.

I think his take on a lot of the performance options was spot on, especially for your everyday driver. Just about every sports car made in their most basic trim/spec is just fantastic. This car company makes sure even a butt naked 718 or RWD Taycan is still a joy on the road and through the turns.
what has been your performance experience with the switch? I'm super curious on this one - not just from a standstill to 60, but also on highway during acceleration etc.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
what has been your performance experience with the switch? I'm super curious on this one - not just from a standstill to 60, but also on highway during acceleration etc.
I take delivery in the next week or so. It's sitting at the port in Houston.

One reason I felt comfortable making the switch, was I had a RWD (without the PB+) loaner for about a week, which I used for 100% of my daily routine. Although it wasn't nearly as fast straight line, it still had plenty of passing speed, which I value more, and was still a blast to drive.

Considering the CT4 with it's standard PB+ is faster than the RWD Taycan, I knew I would be fine making the jump. I really love the 4S, but I already had a Performance Tesla before it and was over the straight line acceleration, and the handling is really what I love about Porsche. Although I could have gotten a CT4S, I had a hard time justifying the extra cost for a few tenths of speed that I already knew from owning a 4S I hardly needed.
Sponsored