dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
4 and 6 gauge wire is also not a pleasure to work with. Hard to cut very stiff!
My original wire cutters were weak and cheap. This gave me an excuse to buy more, better tools! :cool:
Sponsored

KerbMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
?
Country flag
Even worse when you have to run armoured steel cable!
In the UK you wouldn’t be allowed to do that kind of work diy without somebody qualified signing it off.

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Even worse when you have to run armoured steel cable!
In the UK you wouldn’t be allowed to do that kind of work diy without somebody qualified signing it off.
Same in the US you have to pull a permit and inspection to get the work done on 8 & 6 gauge wire. If this was a DIY induced fire or a unqualified electrician and not permitted the insurance will not be covered for house or car and the state can sue.. Or it was the car and Porsche are in deep dodo..... As I said this will be interesting to watch...

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone have any idea how long these things take - when Porsche will announce the results of their investigation?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Anyone have any idea how long these things take - when Porsche will announce the results of their investigation?
Since insurance companies are likely involved (is this a car insurance issue or maybe some bad wiring contributed to the problem so it is partially a house insurance issue or a product issue so Porsche gets involved) it could be a while, especially if there is no undisputed 100% cause of the problem.

The only thing we do know is that Porsche is delivering cars so they probably haven't found a huge issue to pause deliveries.

domin1720

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 macan gts
Country flag
their investigation will basically be what the fire investigators tell them with the point of origin guy. Porsche will answer any questions the actual investigators have.
one of my crews burned down a building from sweating a copper irrigation fitting once and it took months to get a report from the origin guy.

dannyfinley

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (ordered)
Country flag
Its interesting to me that there is no leaking of info on this event. Meaning, the guy that posted the original video, posted the event while protecting the identity and exact location of the owner. Obviously he knew the owner to have access to his garage and the allowance to take videos. There has been no reporting on this incident since Feb 18, however I would think that the friend who posted the video has been talking to the owner and something must be happening. Its fun to speculate on this stuff and some day something will be reported but it seems odd that no leaks of information at all are happening.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Its interesting to me that there is no leaking of info on this event. Meaning, the guy that posted the original video, posted the event while protecting the identity and exact location of the owner. Obviously he knew the owner to have access to his garage and the allowance to take videos. There has been no reporting on this incident since Feb 18, however I would think that the friend who posted the video has been talking to the owner and something must be happening. Its fun to speculate on this stuff and some day something will be reported but it seems odd that no leaks of information at all are happening.
the local fire investigators are probably both professional enough not to leak and sufficiently uninterested in Porsche’s product launch to not risk their jobs.

it’s not clear what happened but there are several mundane reasons why the home owner may have lawyered up, especially if their permits weren’t fully in order. They need insurance to pay out and there are a host of reasons why they’d prefer to avoid attention until the claims are approved. This even assumes no issue with the vehicle. Obviously if the vehicle is at issue they’ll want pay day, and they may be advised discretion is the better part of profit / settlement.

i realize folks are spoiled by the internet, but patience. The story will out eventually

dannyfinley

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (ordered)
Country flag
the local fire investigators are probably both professional enough not to leak and sufficiently uninterested in Porsche’s product launch to not risk their jobs.

it’s not clear what happened but there are several mundane reasons why the home owner may have lawyered up, especially if their permits weren’t fully in order. They need insurance to pay out and there are a host of reasons why they’d prefer to avoid attention until the claims are approved. This even assumes no issue with the vehicle. Obviously if the vehicle is at issue they’ll want pay day, and they may be advised discretion is the better part of profit / settlement.

i realize folks are spoiled by the internet, but patience. The story will out eventually
Totally understandable and a great explanation of what could be going on. But, these type stories always have instances of information being leaked out. Its odd to me that this one has been quiet for almost 3 weeks.

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Totally understandable and a great explanation of what could be going on. But, these type stories always have instances of information being leaked out. Its odd to me that this one has been quiet for almost 3 weeks.
Not really. It might be interesting to us but TMZ won’t be paying anyone for the scoop. Relax.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
that may mean there is not much worth leaking. A rat chewing through an ac cable may not be much of a story

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
that may mean there is not much worth leaking. A rat chewing through an ac cable may not be much of a story
I think everyone involved is acting in their own self interest, rationally, which is boring.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It's been over 5 months, has anyone heard anything more about this?