andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
Today a saw a list with new features about Taycan MY 2021.

> remote parking, automatisiertes Parken (also with app)
> 22kw loader (i think this is for EU Version important only? I am not sure) für Wechselstrom
> Luftfederung mit PASM (remember where it shall lift up or down, with navigation)
> new colors (you already know! From Hongkong Store)
> DAB Radio ist jetzt Serie
> 150kw wird Serie
> new colors for seats
> neue Fussmatten (Race-Tex, ....)
> Head-up Display
> update for PSCB Break (6 Kolben Alu-Monobloc Bremssättel, 410mm Scheiben hinten)
> more new colors for seatbelt
> ...

>> Carplay Wireless won‘t come this year?! >> Porsche say end of 2021, but i think it will come earlier. Hope with OTA, what do you think?
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Remote parking you mean like a Tesla where you can use the phone to reverse in to a space?

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Remote parking you mean like a Tesla where you can use the phone to reverse in to a space?
Yeah, it’s already available on the cayenne. Few videos of it on you tube.

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer told me the DAB radio and 150kW charger now being standard for MY21 means baseprice will increase accordingly.

They did not have information on the 22 kW charger but confirmed the other options regarding colour etc. If 22 kW is affordable enough I might select is as an option.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
In what universe would I want remote parking? I am sure that I am not the only one here that is very particular about where I park my cars to avoid all the door dings from SUVs and Minivans, and never parking downhill next to another car, etc. that I cannot imagine ever having the car park itself. Many of the other 2021 options seem non-US focused. I already have the 150 kw onboard charger and the PSCBrakes, and if Homelink doesn't work well with Nav/GPS, I wouldn't want to rely on the Nav/GPS to raise the height reliably. I'm thrilled that I have my Taycan to enjoy now.

OP
OP
andreas.tirol

andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
Yes it should also work with app. But sitting inside will feel more safe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
andreas.tirol

andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
My dealer told me the DAB radio and 150kW charger now being standard for MY21 means baseprice will increase accordingly.

They did not have information on the 22 kW charger but confirmed the other options regarding colour etc. If 22 kW is affordable enough I might select is as an option.
22kw charger should also come soon this year.
But will be Carplay Wireless an OTA update?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In what universe would I want remote parking? I am sure that I am not the only one here that is very particular about where I park my cars to avoid all the door dings from SUVs and Minivans, and never parking downhill next to another car, etc. that I cannot imagine ever having the car park itself. Many of the other 2021 options seem non-US focused. I already have the 150 kw onboard charger and the PSCBrakes, and if Homelink doesn't work well with Nav/GPS, I wouldn't want to rely on the Nav/GPS to raise the height reliably. I'm thrilled that I have my Taycan to enjoy now.
Why is wireless CarPlay a big deal? I have an Android device so it's not important to me either way, but in my other car that has Android Auto, I plug in my phone to the USB port, it charges my phone and the various Android Auto apps appear on my Nav screen including Waze, etc. If it was wireless versus wired it would operate the same way as far as functionality.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Most of the time, if I could skip taking the phone out of my pocket, that's a plus.

I don't need the car to charge my phone.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Most of the time, if I could skip taking the phone out of my pocket, that's a plus.

I don't need the car to charge my phone.
Okay that makes sense. For me I don't carry my phone in my pocket and its main use in a car is for Waze which drains the battery.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I use it for Waze too, but unless I'm driving for hours, it's not going to matter for battery life to me. I'm not playing games on my phone, so it lasts more than a day on a charge anyway.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
In what universe would I want remote parking? ...
Totally agree, nothing new to get excited about. But certainly happy to see that they keep developing this fantastic EV...

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
In what universe would I want remote parking?
It's not for when I do the parking, but rather to get the car out of a tight space when an idiot parks like this. Happen only a handful of times to me, but the Summon (Tesla's autopark) was priceless. Both at Minneapolis airport..... Without it you turn to acrobatics to get into the car without putting a ding on the door. Glad Porsche is bringing this.

Porsche Taycan New Features on 2021 Taycan 1592880351178

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's not for when I do the parking, but rather to get the car out of a tight space when an idiot parks like this. Happen only a handful of times to me, but the Summon (Tesla's autopark) was priceless. Both at Minneapolis airport..... Without it you turn to acrobatics to get into the car without putting a ding on the door. Glad Porsche is bringing this.

1592880351178.png
Fortunately my Taycan will never be in Minneapolis airport. If I can’t find the right parking spot for my car, I will leave. It has happened at restaurants where I will go somewhere else Instead of thinking about the car during the meal. My wife is used to it by now.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Fortunately my Taycan will never be in Minneapolis airport. If I can’t find the right parking spot for my car, I will leave. It has happened at restaurants where I will go somewhere else Instead of thinking about the car during the meal. My wife is used to it by now.
But then you miss the pleasure of driving home in a great car when you return from a trip - not that I have done any trips lately..... I could take a limo to the airport, but I truly enjoy the drive.
Sponsored