Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
It could be that the car had the OTA updates whilst at the dealers. Typically they relate to mapping updates and other minor things (nothing to get excited about). I don't think there is a way to review OTA download history.

OTA updates appear as a notification (you will see a notification icon) and hear a brief audible tone when it arrives.

If automatic OTA updates has been enabled then you will likely not see many notifications as the updates will arrive and be applied automatically. If you disable this feature then you can control when the updates are retrieved and applied (suggest leaving on auto).
Thanks, I appreciate the response. I checked all my version numbers and compared that to what I could find on the forum about what it should be after the update and mine matches them. I guess the car has been updated. I just need to wait for a new clock. The clock apparently stopped working during the update and is dead.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I have noticed that the Individual Drive Mode now saves the regeneration preference. Before the update it would not. Not sure that is simply fixing something that was broken in my old configuration or it is something new.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I have noticed that the Individual Drive Mode now saves the regeneration preference. Before the update it would not. Not sure that is simply fixing something that was broken in my old configuration or it is something new.
My setting was saved before the update but other ones weren't, like "auto enable parking cameras".
Now it stays unchecked, like I want.
Or the sat view in nav, it now stays checked.
Jee. :)

Last edited:

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Just got my software update. Trying to figure out how to show current song under the SiriusXM channel under favorites. It now shows the channel description instead. Pressing the ... doesn’t seem to give me the option to change. Anyone have thoughts?
I just got my car back and noticed the same thing. I received a Cayenne for my loaner and was annoyed that the SiriusXM wouldn't show the current song and thought to myself that it is nice to have the feature available on the Taycan. Then I get my car and now that really nice feature is gone.

I have called the Porsche Connect people and they say they're looking into it. I won't hold my breath. I'm guessing this is here to stay. Grrrrrr

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
I just got my car back and noticed the same thing. I received a Cayenne for my loaner and was annoyed that the SiriusXM wouldn't show the current song and thought to myself that it is nice to have the feature available on the Taycan. Then I get my car and now that really nice feature is gone.

I have called the Porsche Connect people and they say they're looking into it. I won't hold my breath. I'm guessing this is here to stay. Grrrrrr
You had the same thing happen. I got a Cayenne loaner and was missing that feature, then when I got back into my car, i was so mad at them for changing it.

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
You had the same thing happen. I got a Cayenne loaner and was missing that feature, then when I got back into my car, i was so mad at them for changing it.

Don't just love when your software (on any device) "upgrades" to a degradation of service? I'm still not convinced all this technology is making my life better. When technology is so seamless and transparent as to not have to think about it at all, it's closer to magic than anything else humans have created. Sadly, there aren't many examples around to act as testimonial "magic."

cfp

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo '22 (ordered),MB E350, Mini Cooper SE
Country flag
I know this has been discussed at length but now that we’re a couple of months post software upgrades, are the only differences between 2020 and 2021 models (1) Plug and Charge, and (2) HUD? Everything else was made comparable through dealer and OTA updates?

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I know this has been discussed at length but now that we’re a couple of months post software upgrades, are the only differences between 2020 and 2021 models (1) Plug and Charge, and (2) HUD? Everything else was made comparable through dealer and OTA updates?
There may be some additional smaller differences such as the ability to read the SoC% on the PMCC display while charging.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Plug and Charge requires a different communication board in the car's charging electronics - that's only on MY2021s. That same board is what allows the car to relay the SOC to the PMCC. So MY2020 is never going to have either - unless Porsche decides to retrofit that board for My2020 owners.

Mwa3aan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Raptor, Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
you cannot lock and unlock your car with the phone app and even when you have all of the hardware options there is no active park assist.

Squiden

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Anyone found a solution to the missing song titles under SiriusXM? Finally got the SW update and am completely baffled why that was one of the things that got removed?!?

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Anyone found a solution to the missing song titles under SiriusXM? Finally got the SW update and am completely baffled why that was one of the things that got removed?!?
Same question here. Anyone with a solution?
Sponsored