Too many Taycans for sale??

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ex-iPace, Taycan RWD '23 lots of extra's.
Country flag
I am close to my build being set, but looking at the Porsche website its making a little nervous. Today I find 435 Taycan's for sale, just a few weeks back it was more like 40. There are 150 Taycans at a price cheaper than I am ordering, many of which are a model up. Nothing to worry about, or is there a real problem? Does this many cars being on sale kill the residuals?
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Yes in answer to residuals. The prices of used Taycans has nose dived a lot in the last 3 months.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Yes in answer to residuals. The prices of used Taycans has nose dived a lot in the last 3 months.
The price of many used cars has nose dived. New Year, New Registration, Government Financial incompetence, Tesla reducing prices, lower economy in winter and probably according to some around my part of North Somerset the new road layout on Clevedon seafront.

OP
OP

DJ-UK

First Name
Daz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ex-iPace, Taycan RWD '23 lots of extra's.
Country flag
My SA (assume that Sales Assistant...?) told me last week its just the fact the supply chain is now moving again so dealers are selling old demonstrators and getting new stock... I guess I am hoping (maybe deluded) I could use the stock level as some sort of negociation, maybe get them to honour the 7.9% rate (actually might have been lower in April last yeat) rather 10.9%. Thus far I have recieved the expected response; there is a long waiting list so we don't need to discount etc...

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Had a very nice frozen blue CT at Porsche WL this morning, when i dropped my frozen volcano grey off. Had quite a few others in showroom too I think.

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Most cars depreciate. We are heading back to normalcy in terms of used car sales. If you are worried about residuals maybe you should be looking at a different car that has strong residual historically? Or, buy used?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I think another factor at play is that the Taycan is no longer the only premium EV option- I got the impression that previously, demand exceeded planned production numbers partly because UK tax incentives brought a new customer group to Porsche in the absence of suitable competitors. "Taycan v...." threads on this forum are evidence that it will lose sales to new EV sports cars, luxury cars, SUVs etc. (including the EV Macan), and not just those at a similar price point. While I assume that Porsche's production plans take this in to account, I'd guess that the depreciation curve will become more like that of the Panamera than that of the 2 door models.
Unless you're wanting to enjoy your Taycan for a good few years, now's not a good time to be buying new...but then the same probably applies to most £100k cars.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think another factor at play is that the Taycan is no longer the only premium EV option- I got the impression that previously, demand exceeded planned production numbers partly because UK tax incentives brought a new customer group to Porsche in the absence of suitable competitors. "Taycan v...." threads on this forum are evidence that it will lose sales to new EV sports cars, luxury cars, SUVs etc. (including the EV Macan), and not just those at a similar price point. While I assume that Porsche's production plans take this in to account, I'd guess that the depreciation curve will become more like that of the Panamera than that of the 2 door models.
Unless you're wanting to enjoy your Taycan for a good few years, now's not a good time to be buying new...but then the same probably applies to most £100k cars.
I certainly hope its nothing like the depreciation of the Panamera...but you might be right...

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
I'm very, very happy w/ MY RWD but wouldn't be surprised to take quite a hit if I needed to sell it (I don't). The whole auto economy is undergoing a reset.

But if I were in the market today and reading this forum, I'd be quite concerned about the many reports of lengthy stays in Porsche shops, failing heaters, and inability to—in a timely manner—get parts in the U.S. (and probably other places) in case of a malfunction or accident. It would affect my willingness to pay a premium over list for sure. And it would encourage me to offer less than any asking prices of used Taycans, if I wanted one. I would also look closer at alternative vehicles. If others are doing this too, it will affect the resale value of these undeniably great cars.

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
knew a friend intends (most likely) to skip the TTS for the coming Maserati GranTurismo Folgore which also is built on 800v, 560kw (same as TTS) with1350NM torque, very curious to see the actual performance when it's available, so agreed to the sentiment here that Taycan is no longer a premium EV, but the facelift -> 2nd gen will get em back on top

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag
Had a very nice frozen blue CT at Porsche WL this morning, when i dropped my frozen volcano grey off. Had quite a few others in showroom too I think.
Everybody just needs to enjoy the best ev car on the road and stop worrying about residual values because as they say you have got what you have got so all stop whinging and smile everytime you drive it

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
knew a friend intends (most likely) to skip the TTS for the coming Maserati GranTurismo Folgore which also is built on 800v, 560kw (same as TTS) with1350NM torque, very curious to see the actual performance when it's available, so agreed to the sentiment here that Taycan is no longer a premium EV, but the facelift -> 2nd gen will get em back on top
The Maserati is nowhere near the same price point though. That car is predicted to be 50k+ more...

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
The Maserati is nowhere near the same price point though. That car is predicted to be 50k+ more...
a full / top specd TTS with PTS will land at € 250k + , I honestly don't think Folgore will be sold at or from €300k, i would never spend that amount on a EV regardless if it's maserati, lambo or ferrari

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Main driver is high finance rates giving rise to lots of cancelled orders. Add in new registration mark so dealers shifting current showroom models and demonstrators. The high residuals over the last year or two do not represent a normal market. Give it 12 or 24 months and the market will probably stabilise somewhere between today's lows and historic highs.
The good news is you should be able to get a build slot fairly quickly or a great deal on a nearly new model

annieland

First Name
Annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '20 Stinger, '16 Pilot
Country flag
Is it common to track the value of your car while you own it? It is so rare I've done that. While I own and drive it, it's worth every penny I paid for it (or I wouldn't have bought it at that price). Sometimes I look at what the same make/model/trim costs today if it's still comparable and then I feel like I saved money! :D

Once in a while I've looked at what one of our cars is worth and gone hmmmm.... but then, nah. So in general, I look up the current value when I know I'm going to replace it and then move forward from there, good or bad. Granted, this Taycan purchase is very much a new venture for me, as it's my first luxury car ever. But I'm for sure buying it for ME, no future stranger, and I'll worry about what it might be worth to them hopefully far into the future!
Sponsored