Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
I´m HOT dude, I´m freaking hot....but not because i´m pissed but because it´s 30º (86 Fahrenheit) and Humidity close to 100 % where i Live! And no, it´s not Florida!

Talk about sweating without running and having sex.....:CWL:
Sponsored

MPawelek

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1919 Ford Model T, 1931 Ford Model A, 1957 Nash Metropolitan, 2017 Mercedes SL, 2018 Ford F250
Country flag
LOL, Don’t be a wimp! It has been over 100f here in S.E. Texas for 5 days in a row. We are drinking boiling water to cool down.... :)

robox

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5/ Maloo
Country flag
I dont know about you guys! I was born in 81 :clap: (Yes, i´m that old I do Fucking miss the 80´s :giggle:) but this all concept/production car is remembering me of the 959 Concept/959 Production car!:punch:

When i think about the 959, i think about the production car not the concept (altough the concept was awesome)

Porsche_959_Concept_Car_Gruppe_B_1983.jpg

Porsche_959_–_Frontansicht_(3),_21._März_2013,_Düsseldorf.jpg
VERY cool concept, although at that angle at first glance, it almost looks like it’s been side swiped

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
LOL, Don’t be a wimp! It has been over 100f here in S.E. Texas for 5 days in a row. We are drinking boiling water to cool down.... :)
Dont confuse Heat with humidity! I can stand Heat (in more ways than another). I just cant stand the Humidity!

MPawelek

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1919 Ford Model T, 1931 Ford Model A, 1957 Nash Metropolitan, 2017 Mercedes SL, 2018 Ford F250
Country flag
Dont confuse Heat with humidity! I can stand Heat (in more ways than another). I just cant stand the Humidity!
I am on the Gulf of Mexico. It is overly humid here all the time......

OP
OP
PAG_J1

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
Hi!

Is Turbo S available from start? ... or just Turbo .... what would mean that 6-12 months later when S version is arriving you already have an „old“ version
I don't have exact informations which model variants will start first.
But I saw already a lot of production models of the Turbo S, so therefore I think it could be available from the beginning or very soon after.

When does the online configurator go live typically for Porsche new model releases in general? I realize it may not be the same for the Taycan, but just wondering about when it typically happens? Same day/week as official model announcement or sometime later?
Maybe a few days after world premiere.

<First post!!!>

I am just another enthusiast hoping for the Mission E style spoiler. Please take a look at the attached pics.

Assuming the "Soul, Electrified" video from Porsche shows the final Taycan (screencap in the 3rd image), then it seems like the tail silhouette closely matches the Mission E profile and not the current mules. Pay close attention to where the rear windshield meets the spoiler. I am quite convinced. Clear conclusion for all? Different camera angles? Wishful thinking?

It will be great if PAG_J1 can chime in!
I really don't remember such specific details. Last time I saw the production car was already 3 months ago. Maybe I find a Picture of the production car rear with a cover on.

About 90 of those mules started like this, you know that right? They removed camo from time to time (from the same car, they didnt replace with new another mule with less camo) ! Lots of money? You do know that from those 100 mules about 4 o 5 will be keep in the warehouse for "historic reasons" and the rest will be completly destroyed? They should ´ve made only 5 for testing if they concern was money!
I don't know, but normally they have to destroy every mule...and also every finished production car for press and fairs. That's totally normal for an OEM (even if it's still very sad).

And guys, please stay on Topic here and talk at other places about the weather - thank you :)

Kind regards

Paulo

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1898 Porsche P1
Country flag
PAG_J1, You´re Alive!!!! Thank God!!!!

PAG_J1, does the current "mules" have something that "we´re not supposed to see"?

Ahhhhh, Regards!!!!

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
BC7DFE1F-F24D-439C-B8C7-6664055E3A0E.jpeg

With all the speculation on minuscule details on the Taycan exterior I wish Porsche would have put some decent fins on the rear of the mules to really get folks upset! Then again I am married to a German and fully realize they have no sense of humor......:)
It is widely known fact that if a German tells a joke, he/she also is obligated to immediately explain in detail why the joke was supposed to be funny . ( so you understand my the joke? German jokes aren't funny, so a German has to explain the joke....:CWL:)...No?...guess it wasn't funny.

It is wishful thinking to believe that there are actually fake panels or padding on this car. If you watch Jonny Smith, he clearly states where camouflage still exists, the front headlights, the fake turn signals on the front bumper, the "gills" by the side vent by the charging ports and the rear taillights which of course the area I suppose what everyone is referring to as the spoiler. Other than those and the interior, I realistically doubt there will be any surprises other than mentioned areas.

I believe it will be considered and extremely attractive sports SEDAN for people that Porsche considers the target market, those that normally buy 4 door sporty versions of 5 passenger BMWs, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus, Panamera and Tesla Model S. I myself watched the Jonny Smith video on a 65 inch TV screen twice and found the vehicle to be beautiful and exhiliterating.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Q&A 2020-porsche-taycan-at-lahr-airport

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
It is widely known fact that if a German tells a joke, he/she also is obligated to immediately explain in detail why the joke was supposed to be funny . ( so you understand my the joke? German jokes aren't funny, so a German has to explain the joke....:CWL:)...No?...guess it wasn't funny.

It is wishful thinking to believe that there are actually fake panels or padding on this car. If you watch Jonny Smith, he clearly states where camouflage still exists, the front headlights, the fake turn signals on the front bumper, the "gills" by the side vent by the charging ports and the rear taillights which of course the area I suppose what everyone is referring to as the spoiler. Other than those and the interior, I realistically doubt there will be any surprises other than mentioned areas.

I believe it will be considered and extremely attractive sports SEDAN for people that Porsche considers the target market, those that normally buy 4 door sporty versions of 5 passenger BMWs, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus, Panamera and Tesla Model S. I myself watched the Jonny Smith video on a 65 inch TV screen twice and found the vehicle to be beautiful and exhiliterating.

2020-porsche-taycan-at-lahr-airport.jpg

Cool, man. I watched it on a 70" TV.

DrParis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 991.2 C4S. Panamera GTS
Country flag
I don't have exact informations which model variants will start first.
But I saw already a lot of production models of the Turbo S, so therefore I think it could be available from the beginning or very soon after.

Maybe a few days after world premiere.

I really don't remember such specific details. Last time I saw the production car was already 3 months ago. Maybe I find a Picture of the production car rear with a cover on.

I don't know, but normally they have to destroy every mule...and also every finished production car for press and fairs. That's totally normal for an OEM (even if it's still very sad).

And guys, please stay on Topic here and talk at other places about the weather - thank you :)

Kind regards
Why does Porsche persist in naming EV Turbo? It makes no sense without ICE

Reactions: Dee

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
We have photos of two mules that show significantly different body styles. The top photo shows a front bumper with a small overhang and a relatively short, steep windshield. The second photo shows a much larger overhang front bumper and a more steeply sloped windshield. These are very obvious differences between two mules, indicating that either there are either two body styles (doubtful), or there are 'false' panels for the bumper and windshield at the very least.

My question for PAG is ... which one or combination of these is correct, and are there other body panels that are not right?

Porsche Taycan Taycan Q&A taycan front bumper 1

GyAkUsOu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A1 GB
Country flag
We have photos of two mules that show significantly different body styles. The top photo shows a front bumper with a small overhang and a relatively short, steep windshield. The second photo shows a much larger overhang front bumper and a more steeply sloped windshield. These are very obvious differences between two mules, indicating that either there are either two body styles (doubtful), or there are 'false' panels for the bumper and windshield at the very least.

My question for PAG is ... which one or combination of these is correct
It's 100% the same car/the same design in both photos.

The difference is the focal length of the lens the photographer used. A wide angle lens in the top image, a telephoto lens in the second one. There are no different body styles or fake panels imo.

Different focal length = different optical distortion properties.
Sponsored

Last edited: