Rogertaycan4S

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I bought my Taycan 4S here in the UK about 3 months ago. I didn't want to wait for delivery so purchased a used model with 118 miles on the clock. I guess in these difficult times someone found himself unable to hold on to it. It was the colour I would have ordered, Gentian blue, and had most extras I wanted. Not buying from an official Porsche dealer, (at the time there were none for sale in the UK) I missed out
Porsche Taycan My custom painted wheels TAYCAN WHEELS 2
Porsche Taycan My custom painted wheels TAYCAN WHEELS1
on the showroom handover and set up etc. I am grateful to lots of members for posting info and videos which have been very helpful in helping me get everything set up, along with Porsche West London for their help. I think I finally have everything under control and working nicely. The video showing how to set up the 85% charging profile etc was particularly helpful. I have a tricky exit ramp from my underground parking garage and managed to damage a wheel. Living in London with those awful high granite kerbs I know how expensive it is to keep diamond cut alloys in good shape. I decided to find an answer that would look good and make the wheels cheaper and quicker to repair next time. I am really happy with the result and at least they are now one off.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Those wheels look nice! If you don’t mind - what was the cost to paint the wheels? And what type of paint is it?

OP
OP

Rogertaycan4S

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Those wheels look nice! If you don’t mind - what was the cost to paint the wheels? And what type of paint is it?
Work was done by London Diamond Alloy in Battersea, London. The cost was £640 + VAT, not sure what paint was used but they are experts and I am sure they used the correct thing.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Work was done by London Diamond Alloy in Battersea, London. The cost was £640 + VAT, not sure what paint was used but they are experts and I am sure they used the correct thing.
I think powder coating is best, but I'm not sure if that's possible with two colors.

haakon.groethe

First Name
Håkon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (expected Oct 2020), Caterham R400, Audi A6 Allroad, VW eGolf
Country flag
I bought my Taycan 4S here in the UK about 3 months ago. I didn't want to wait for delivery so purchased a used model with 118 miles on the clock. I guess in these difficult times someone found himself unable to hold on to it. It was the colour I would have ordered, Gentian blue, and had most extras I wanted. Not buying from an official Porsche dealer, (at the time there were none for sale in the UK) I missed out
TAYCAN WHEELS 2.jpg
TAYCAN WHEELS1.jpg
on the showroom handover and set up etc. I am grateful to lots of members for posting info and videos which have been very helpful in helping me get everything set up, along with Porsche West London for their help. I think I finally have everything under control and working nicely. The video showing how to set up the 85% charging profile etc was particularly helpful. I have a tricky exit ramp from my underground parking garage and managed to damage a wheel. Living in London with those awful high granite kerbs I know how expensive it is to keep diamond cut alloys in good shape. I decided to find an answer that would look good and make the wheels cheaper and quicker to repair next time. I am really happy with the result and at least they are now one off.
They look great!

PITTSBURGHTAYCAN

First Name
CH-PGH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Previous A4, Cayenne, 2018 M5
Country flag
Great work - I am getting my custom one off factory wheels done next week. Maybe the moderator can setup a poll and we can see what the world thinks of our designs.

I have to say your design is absolutely awesome. If I had your wheels I would definitely copy your work in mamba.

Ormond

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Your bespoke wheels are quite spanking!

(American trying to sound British.)