optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2019 Ascent, 2022 Taycan CT
I also ordered my taycan with standard wheels. Not because I like them but I would rather spent my money on other options. Before delivery, June, I will have the wheels sprayed. Thinking of this:

1642026004384.png
]

but best would be when these wheels would be available

1642026054169.png
I think the one on the bottom is awesome... it looks kinda like the 911 wheels from the early 90s and makes it looks even more like a Porsche. I think the full black is not quite as fun and at first glance give you a little bit of a Model 3 vibe. About where I live lots of M3P are spec'd with blue body and black wheels.
Advertisement

OP
OP
Mazikeen

Mazikeen

First Name
Carol
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Cayenne, '22 Taycan
Country flag
I also ordered my taycan with standard wheels. Not because I like them but I would rather spent my money on other options. Before delivery, June, I will have the wheels sprayed. Thinking of this:

1642026004384.png
]

but best would be when these wheels would be available

1642026054169.png
The standard wheels are not the "sexist", but like you, I put that money towards other options and aftermarket additions. Besides the wheels, I've had ppf installed and thinking about changing the yellow side markers to the clear ones other forum members have.
Next is the window tint.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP
Mazikeen

Mazikeen

First Name
Carol
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Cayenne, '22 Taycan
Country flag
@[email protected] developed those with help from Forgeline and a Porsche master mechanic. He designed a dark version as well:
tempImage0rSKRX.jpg
I saw the thread [email protected] started showing the ppt project with colored wrap. I used to live in the DMV (2016-2018). If they were in busy and I had known, I might have had them do some custom work on my Cayenne.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ferrari F355 spider, Mercedes 500E, Toyota Prius P
Country flag
I think it looks good. I have black vinyl that I'm going to wrap the wheel with.
I suppose on a car where a lot of the braking in normal driving will be regenerative you may get away with it, but the wheels of a sports car driven they way they are intended ;) get too hot for vinyl it will melt and may even catch fire.
Probably OK if you don't drive it hard but IMO a suitable paint is the safest option.
It is an expensive car probably best not to go cheapskate on it.
IMHO of course.

TaycanCook

Reaction score
Vehicles
4S CT Expected
Country flag
I suppose on a car where a lot of the braking in normal driving will be regenerative you may get away with it, but the wheels of a sports car driven they way they are intended ;) get too hot for vinyl it will melt and may even catch fire.
Probably OK if you don't drive it hard but IMO a suitable paint is the safest option.
It is an expensive car probably best not to go cheapskate on it.
IMHO of course.
100% valid point that the heat could cause deformities and worse. I think I have a higher chance of the sun causing a problem with the wrap than the way I drive. Those aggressive / track days are not returning for another two decades.

Noody

Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (on order)
Country flag
I’m really keen to see what turbo Aeros painted black looks like! Have been thinking about this as well - I have volcano grey with white PSCB callipers under turbo aero … I just want to lose the silver as the rest of the finishes are gloss black - so please post when you do!
Not mine, it’s back in pre delivery stealth mode 🤬, but found online.
7B7B3E35-1B5E-4159-8829-005984E4D6A8.jpeg
F2763B91-1FD2-4829-9A32-6471385890B3.jpeg

Advertisement

SRM Autosports
Advertisement