Scotty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4s
Country flag
Porsche’s new update is great for 2020 cars. It took dealer 15 hrs to install. Here are the great new features
  • 1. smartlift, enables lift function and allows user to save locations for automatic lift for speed bumps, driveways etc
  • 2. new display options
  • 3. Apple car play now works without cable connection to iphone. Lots of useful voice activated Siri functions
  • 4. just received 11 OTA updates to a number of functions. All went flawless
  • 5 all porsche connect functions work
  • Porsche did a good job for 2020 Taycans
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
My understanding is that that would require new hardware for the link authentication.
this is my understanding as well which makes me sad.

nelsonmanha

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
show us a couple of pictures of the new screens

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
@daveo4EV I think suggested that my experience may have been due to the EA station being turned on at no cost due to a malfunction. It is kind of odd that I don't see a record of the charge in the Porsche Charge NA app or the EA app. I didn't have time to try another station over the weekend but am planning to try one this week and will report back. Fingers crossed.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
@daveo4EV I think suggested that my experience may have been due to the EA station being turned on at no cost due to a malfunction. It is kind of odd that I don't see a record of the charge in the Porsche Charge NA app or the EA app. I didn't have time to try another station over the weekend but am planning to try one this week and will report back. Fingers crossed.
yes I have experience "plug & charge" working an EA station that has been put into 'free' mode for various technical reasons - I've used it with my Tesla (via chademo adapter) and Bolt - both of which do NOT support Plug&Charge…

it's more likely 2020 Taycan seem to support plug&charger when EA is in "free" mode.

evidence presented to date indicate plug&charge support for MY'2020 vehicles would require a hardware change - not just an update...

but I'd be thrilled to be wrong.

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
No one has replied if homelink's GPS location still shows "off-road" or if it works based on the GPS to open the screen for homelink

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Good news / bad news. I went to two different EA chargers today and both were offering complimentary charging (the good news). I haven't gone back to the charger I used last week - I'll do that tomorrow to check it.

The complimentary charging makes it look like plug & charge is working because when you plug in, the station starts up without doing anything else.

EA Burlington, MA Mall - used on Saturday 3-April. Seemed like plug and charge worked (but may have just been complimentary).
EA Walmart Saugus, MA - used on Mon 5-Apr. Complimentary charging
EA Assembly Square, MA - used on Mon 5-Apr. Complimentary charging

So, my excitement about plug&charge working on MY20 after the upgrade may have been premature (the bad news). I'll go to Burlington tomorrow to see if that one is normal and try it if it is.

Original post: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-2020-taycan-models-?.4347/page-15#post-62148

Porsche Taycan Software Update Has New Features for 2020 Taycans 1617675274187

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
it's more likely 2020 Taycan seem to support plug&charger when EA is in "free" mode.

evidence presented to date indicate plug&charge support for MY'2020 vehicles would require a hardware change - not just an update...
I have now done 4 different P&C at 3 different locations at 4 different chargers over the last 3 days and they all have worked. It is possible that EA has been out and giving away charging at all those locations, but there was no one else there to ask if they were also getting free charging.

Edit. EA confirmed that they had complementary charging at those locations over the weekend.

Last edited:

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I have now done 4 different P&C at 3 different locations at 4 different chargers over the last 3 days and they all have worked. It is possible that EA has been out and giving away charging at all those locations, but there was no one else there to ask if they were also getting free charging.

What evidence was there that a hardware change was needed?
Do you see the transactions for any of those sessions in your charge NA app? Or the Connect app? Or the EA app? Maybe when plug and charge works it will register a transaction just like when you initiate the session from your app.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you see the transactions for any of those sessions in your charge NA app? Or the Connect app? Or the EA app? Maybe when plug and charge works it will register a transaction just like when you initiate the session from your app.
I noticed your post had a pic that said "complementary charging". I do remember my screen it as the typical "Plug in First" - and think I would have noticed the complementary notice - but I could have missed it. Did you see that for each of your charging sessions?

I don't have the EA app.

There is no record of the charging sessions in either the Charge NA or the Connect App. However, my Connect App has only 1 session in it (in invoice history) where I charged for 23 minutes with a $0 cost. This despite having used it dozens of times to start a charging session so that app obviously isn't keeping up with sessions.

Last edited:

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
I noticed your post had a pic that said "complementary charging". I do remember my screen it as the typical "Plug in First" - and think I would have noticed the complementary notice - but I could have missed it. I may try again tomorrow to see. Did you see that for each of your charging sessions?

I don't have the EA app.

There is no record of the charging sessions in either the Charge NA or the Connect App. However, my Connect App has only 1 session in it (in invoice history) where I charged for 23 minutes with a $0 cost. This despite having used it dozens of times to start a charging session so that app obviously isn't keeping up with sessions.
I did notice the “complimentary charging“ message tonight on the two EA sessions. I do not remember seeing it for my session in Burlington on Saturday when I first got excited that plug and charge was working. I’ll go back there tomorrow to try it again.

WalterG

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan4S
Country flag
Good news / bad news. I went to two different EA chargers today and both were offering complimentary charging (the good news). I haven't gone back to the charger I used last week - I'll do that tomorrow to check it.

The complimentary charging makes it look like plug & charge is working because when you plug in, the station starts up without doing anything else.

EA Burlington, MA Mall - used on Saturday 3-April. Seemed like plug and charge worked (but may have just been complimentary).
EA Walmart Saugus, MA - used on Mon 5-Apr. Complimentary charging
EA Assembly Square, MA - used on Mon 5-Apr. Complimentary charging

So, my excitement about plug&charge working on MY20 after the upgrade may have been premature (the bad news). I'll go to Burlington tomorrow to see if that one is normal and try it if it is.

Original post: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...-2020-taycan-models-?.4347/page-15#post-62148
I went back to the EA Burlington, MA mall to try plug&charge again, and unfortunately it did not work. I tried 3 stations there and they all worked by activating the app but none of them worked by just plugging in for plug&charge. It seems that when I thought it worked the first time on Saturday, the station was just configured for free charging. Oh well. At least the app worked well - it actually seemed to work faster. When I plugged in, I got this screen and then when I used the app it worked pretty quickly.
Porsche Taycan Software Update Has New Features for 2020 Taycans 1617930998762
Sponsored