First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Yes a good looking car!
What interior option did you go for. I think it looks nice with the red seatbelts.

OP
OP

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Spoke to another dealer in the midwest, and while he doesn’t have any build allocations for a turbo S yet, he does have one configured from Porsche available for purchase (to arrive soon ? Not sure on its current location, since I wasn’t interested in preconfigured). He expects the next round of allocations in December, the mix between trims TBD.

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
My dealer just called me. A space opened up for a February build. Based on we has said, the car should be at the dealership sometime late April. I am going to finalize the build tomorrow. FYI, the car will be sold at MSRP. No discount. He indicated that the owner of the dealer wanted to charge a premium but the sale manager, who I am dealing with, says you can't do that to customers who have had deposits with the dealer for more than a year. The sales manager won that battle. Was anyone in the US able to get a discount off of the sticker price?

EnjoyTheDrive

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 993, MB C63 AMG 507, S2000, Nissan GTR, Tesla M3P Track option, Volvo XC40, BMW E30 325IX, Subaru Forester XT, (Had owned Tesla 85, Tesla P90D)
Country flag
My dealer just called me. A space opened up for a February build. Based on we has said, the car should be at the dealership sometime late April. I am going to finalize the build tomorrow. FYI, the car will be sold at MSRP. No discount. He indicated that the owner of the dealer wanted to charge a premium but the sale manager, who I am dealing with, says you can't do that to customers who have had deposits with the dealer for more than a year. The sales manager won that battle. Was anyone in the US able to get a discount off of the sticker price?
Not sure the sales manager won the battle as they are not discounting this car, at least for the first year. That story about holding your money was to make you feel better after he declined giving you a discount. Also, I am not sure where you were on the list so unless you were one of the top 10 at your dealership to place a deposit, we should be somewhat concerned that a “spot” opened up all of a sudden when they are supposedly sold out of 1st year cars. How many people before you declined to put their order in on the Taycan after seeing the specs and pricing? LA, the place where your status is your car and they are having difficulty selling the Taycan?

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
we should be somewhat concerned that a “spot” opened up all of a sudden when they are supposedly sold out of 1st year cars. How many people before you declined to put their order in on the Taycan after seeing the specs and pricing? LA, the place where your status is your car and they are having difficulty selling the Taycan?
selling out means they have more than enough orders to fill the first year production. Of course, they would consider that a certain percentage would drop out whether that is due to a specs and pricing or changes in their finances, or changes in their needs.

They will have no difficulty selling all the Taycans they can produce.

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
Not sure the sales manager won the battle as they are not discounting this car, at least for the first year. That story about holding your money was to make you feel better after he declined giving you a discount. Also, I am not sure where you were on the list so unless you were one of the top 10 at your dealership to place a deposit, we should be somewhat concerned that a “spot” opened up all of a sudden when they are supposedly sold out of 1st year cars. How many people before you declined to put their order in on the Taycan after seeing the specs and pricing? LA, the place where your status is your car and they are having difficulty selling the Taycan?
I was number 11 on the list. I have no idea if the first 10 declined to order or not-is it relevant? The bottom line is I have the ability to order a car.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
...they are supposedly sold out of 1st year cars.n?
Its kinda hard to be sold out of ANYTHING if they haven't released the associated allocations. I believe a more accurate statement might be that they have enough deposit holders to take the first years worth of production.

I have also heard that they have reserved a booth at Applebees for a party with all the folks who will ACTUALLY take delivery of a Taycan in the first year... ;)

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FYI,

Just got a call from my Sales Rep. Looks like my TurboS allocation finally came through! Although it is scheduled for a JULY DELIVERY, at least I'm "in the pipe" now... :)

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve been quoted late April/early May for my 4S

OP
OP

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Its kinda hard to be sold out of ANYTHING if they haven't released the associated allocations. I believe a more accurate statement might be that they have enough deposit holders to take the first years worth of production.

I have also heard that they have reserved a booth at Applebees for a party with all the folks who will ACTUALLY take delivery of a Taycan in the first year... ;)
at this rate the only people in the booth will be the ghosts of Christmas ...

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FYI,

Just got a call from my Sales Rep. Looks like my TurboS allocation finally came through! Although it is scheduled for a JULY DELIVERY, at least I'm "in the pipe" now... :)
FYI (More info): Here's the complete set of milestones for my TurboS as presented in my allocation. Note that the order doesn't become "fixed" until April 10!

V200 Delivery date determined 12/03/2019 (actual)
V250 Vehicle fixed 04/10/2020
V260 Vehicle entry to body shop (CP 0.0) 05/01/2020
V270 Vehicle exit production (CP 7.8) 05/22/2020
V300 Vehicle completion (CP 8.0) 05/22/2020
V331 Entry port Emden 05/29/2020
V332 Exit port Emden 06/12/2020
U002 Entry port Houston 07/03/2020
U003 Exit port Houston 07/10/2020
V900 Dealer Inventory 07/17/2020

Jenner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
25? Tesla Roadster/22 Tesla MYP/21 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Congrats Evan! Great to see someone actually post they have Vcodes!
Please keep us posted.
Sponsored