NO ATLANTA EXPERIENCE delivery

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well said....patience is a virtue but you have a good point about Elon! Take a look at the new truck and the video where he shows the bulletproof glass and then it breaks easily when a guy throws something against the side windows...woops ........
That’s not patience, that’s “rehearsal”

Elon is the worst presenter. It’s really weird to watch some of his smaller Q&A style sessions on YouTube. Those are exceptional. He’s smart. But the Tesla presentations are amateur hour. Actually that’s an insult to amateurs. Literally any YouTube influencer picked at random across the world could be a better job.
Sponsored

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have an allocation and am not sure I want to pull the trigger as I have never seen such an odd rollout of any product. Even Elon shares what he knows about his products.
1. Turbo S allocation ? Call me maybe ?
2. Eh. It’s chaotic but not that odd. They’ve had production problems and they have greatly underestimated both the demand for this product and the scheduling difficulty with a completely different type of car on a completely new factory line.

I’ll grant it is a little weird the marketing folks haven’t done a better job informing the dealerships, especially in NA. It’s not like they have anything better to do now.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Here is a the follow up question I asked the PEC rep, please let me know if it is just me or did I not get an answer to my question(s).
Porsche Taycan NO ATLANTA EXPERIENCE delivery {filename}

to PCNA,

Joey,

I highly suggest that you remove the option from the US configuration tool as it just doesn't look good that you offer it but really don't. Being a long term owner of Porsches, I am confused by this rollout debacle between the timing, the must have options, the lack of training of the dealers which all falls back to us buyers of the cars. We wouldn't have deposits down if we didn't want the car.

I hope to see the option removed from the configurer soon as it just isn't good for business.

Thoughts?

HERE IS THE RESPONSE:

Delivery Admin, PCNA, AMERICAS (PCNA)
1:43 PM (1 hour ago)

Hi Robert,

We are working on making sure the option is not available until deliveries can be performed. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and assure you the vehicle and delivery will be amazing.

Have a great weekend.

OP
OP
Passifier

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN TURBO in production - (Tesla S-SOLD), Cayenne, MB 300 SUV
Country flag
Here is a the follow up question I asked the PEC rep, please let me know if it is just me or did I not get an answer to my question(s).

to PCNA,

Joey,

I highly suggest that you remove the option from the US configuration tool as it just doesn't look good that you offer it but really don't. Being a long term owner of Porsches, I am confused by this rollout debacle between the timing, the must have options, the lack of training of the dealers which all falls back to us buyers of the cars. We wouldn't have deposits down if we didn't want the car.

I hope to see the option removed from the configurer soon as it just isn't good for business.

Thoughts?

HERE IS THE RESPONSE:

Delivery Admin, PCNA, AMERICAS (PCNA)
1:43 PM (1 hour ago)

Hi Robert,

We are working on making sure the option is not available until deliveries can be performed. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and assure you the vehicle and delivery will be amazing.

Have a great weekend.

OP
OP
Passifier

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Glad to see they responded to your message and maybe they are also monitoring this site to learn more about the frustration of their best customers who put down cash deposits and have a very real desire to own a TAYCAN. I will advise you if I get any updates from my end.
Regards,
Ron

Rotordude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
7XPorsche’s, 3XGolf R/ GTI
Country flag
8-10 week delay and now no NA PEC! Something is up here folks! Two flags on the play so far! Still no EPA ratings but tons of cars for journos and marketing!

OP
OP
Passifier

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
8-10 week delay and now no NA PEC! Something is up here folks! Two flags on the play so far! Still no EPA ratings but tons of cars for journos and marketing!
Sad- now more than ever I want to test drive this car and really love it before I take delivery and shell out 170 grand. My order is in line but of course can be modified or cancelled. I am hearing this frustration from others as well. Don't want a 2020 car late in 2020 and would wait on modifications in 2021 if necessary.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
No cars, No PEC... So what's the loss, exactly?

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
this isn’t quite accurate. There’s no delivery experience, probably until 2021. However PEC is available, and they expect to do Taycan driving experiences by mid 2020. I was in LA, and they said “sometime after Q1”

also, the “something” that is up is production difficulties. It’s a new factory line, and a completely different product. This operational stuff in the big boy leagues is a lot harder than it looks. This is embarrassing for Porsche, but pretty garden variety goof under the circumstances

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Agreed. I was at the PEC LA today for a GT3 drive, and they were doing construction for the charging area for the Taycans. The instructor told me that they would be doing delivery there later in the year, but that there was a need to put in the 350 kW charging infrastructure for a new Taycan parking area first. Also, saw the Gentian Blue turbo. Beautiful!

OP
OP
Passifier

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed. I was at the PEC LA today for a GT3 drive, and they were doing construction for the charging area for the Taycans. The instructor told me that they would be doing delivery there later in the year, but that there was a need to put in the 350 kW charging infrastructure for a new Taycan parking area first. Also, saw the Gentian Blue turbo. Beautiful!
Thanks for the update on the charging station being installed. I am really liking the pictures of the Gentian Blue but want to see it in person so I have plenty of time to change my order which was for the Volcano Grey and wonder is that color was also on the lot?

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Thanks for the update on the charging station being installed. I am really liking the pictures of the Gentian Blue but want to see it in person so I have plenty of time to change my order which was for the Volcano Grey and wonder is that color was also on the lot?
Sadly that was the only Taycan to be seen there on Wednesday. And no volcano gray at the LA auto show either. Just Gentian Blue, Frozen Blue, and Carrara White.

OP
OP
Passifier

Passifier

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sadly that was the only Taycan to be seen there on Wednesday. And no volcano gray at the LA auto show either. Just Gentian Blue, Frozen Blue, and Carrara White.
Appreciate the answer and will be on the lookout for any that arrive in the USA. Happy Thanksgiving !