It’s here (no longer “Nuts delivery estimate”)

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
As a new UK Taycan future customer I was given the info from a dealer that the Cross 4 had a shorter delivery than a Cross 4S .
Is this true or sales BS .?
Yes I think that is probably the case, when I ordered my CT 4S from Porsche Reading which is their uk I was told a CT 4 would come upto 3 months earlier than a 4S.
Sponsored

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I was told something similar by the dealer, circa 1 month ago, that was supplying my CT4S here in the UK. I ordered via a Company Car scheme in Feb 2022 with a delivery time 11 months later. I asked some specific questions:

1) Has production slowed or stopped?
His answer was it has not completely stopped - but it was at a (quote) 'very slow crawl'. The reason was the wiring harness.

2) What was the lead-time for new orders?
When I ordered, via the Company lease provider, it was 52 weeks. It is now 70 weeks. The Porsche dealer advised me that new car orders placed with them are now being quoted at between 15 and 18 months and rising.

3) Was I still likely to have delivery on/around the original date?
The answer was (quote) 'At the moment it seems unlikely. We're still 9 months away and thing's (sic) can change quickly'.

4) What is their allocation for a CT4S and where was I in the queue for a CT4S?
They did not have any allocations but were hoping to get their numbers later this year and I was... wait for it.. nearly number 50 in the queue for a CT4S!

I spoke to the leasing company as I really didn't think I was going to get the car until Q4 2023 at the very earliest.

So....

I cancelled the CT4S order! Yep, cancelled!! There was no cancellation fee - which made it slightly easier to swallow.

I'm quite sad about it tbh. First ever new car in 35 years of car ownership, first ever performance car, first ever Porsche...

I went for an alternative car that the leasing company had available and in stock. It arrives, on my driveway, next week.

I'll now look at a Taycan 1.5/2 years into my 3 year lease to see what the situation is - and then order again. By that time there may well be an 'updated' model. Once I've got the Porsche out of my system I'll go back to a 'normal' car like the Ioniq5 (which just happens to be the love child of the Mk1 Golf GTi and the Lancia Delta Integrale Evo - my 2 all-time favourite cars).

Staying a member to get insanely jealous when reading of people, spec'ing, ordering, getting close to delivery, taking delivery and then seeing the pics. You lucky, lucky *!*&%!%*!£^*!*!s... :)
Wow 50th in the queue that is insane, what dealer is that from?
I ordered a CT4S a few weeks ago was 13th in the queue and the someone cancelled so moved to 12th within a couple of days

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I ordered last week and 16th in the queue…but was told to expect a 16 month wait

my plan is to keep an eye on approved used and if there’s one the right spec thats no more than 6k more than new price I’ll get that instead (6k being my current annual PCP expense)

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I think that dealers have now been notified of their allocations for the remainder of 2022. Though of course there's no guarantee that circumstances won't interfere with the production schedule.
I'd hope that's not the case.

Got an email update from my rep yesterday with the news that there's no update on the Turbo S we put a deposit down for in Nov'21.

The latest rep has been good in keeping contact but the previous two were a shambles (one was leaving the business as it turned out so didn't seem to care much and the next one we had was only with them for a couple of months before moving on so we didn't even have face to face contact with him).

I had actual concerns that the "order" was really placed in November 21 despite the deposit being put down at that point.

There seemed to be an issue at their end with approving the finance (it's going through our business) that left me wondering just how "in the system" the order was.

Seems they changed their finance department operations at some point between Nov21 and April22.

I'm concerned to an extent that I'm not going to see this until sometime in 2023. I'm planning on returning my current car in August ish. I can do without a car for a few weeks if need be but if it's going to run to months, I get closer and closer to just wanting to pull the plug on it.

I'm apparently 1st in the queue for a Turbo S. There was one before us when we put the deposit down and that's been cleared since so at least they're consistent on that front (if indeed it's simply not all lies)

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I had actual concerns that the "order" was really placed in November 21 despite the deposit being put down at that point.

There seemed to be an issue at their end with approving the finance (it's going through our business) that left me wondering just how "in the system" the order was.
I suspect that the "order" only becomes real once they assign one of their allocated builds to the customer, having chosen which of their customers who've place deposits will get that build. As they've told you that you're #1 in their queue, it sounds like you will be the chosen one, and surely they'll get (or already have got) another Turbo S allocated this year?

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I suspect that the "order" only becomes real once they assign one of their allocated builds to the customer, having chosen which of their customers who've place deposits will get that build. As they've told you that you're #1 in their queue, it sounds like you will be the chosen one, and surely they'll get (or already have got) another Turbo S allocated this year?
Yes, with the sensible head on, I'd hope that's the case with the order. Despite them having a four figure chunk of your money from the moment you sign up, it's not really live at that point.

Just going by your post I quoted, I wondered if that was it for the year?

Could it be the case they've been told what their allocation is for the rest of 2022 but they don't know when that model will be given to them?

If they've "got one", I don't know that yesterday's email would have been "no news" from them. Thought they'd be keen to let me know it's at least in the pipeline.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Just going by your post I quoted, I wondered if that was it for the year?

Could it be the case they've been told what their allocation is for the rest of 2022 but they don't know when that model will be given to them?

If they've "got one", I don't know that yesterday's email would have been "no news" from them. Thought they'd be keen to let me know it's at least in the pipeline.
I don't know how many Turbo S they've been allocated in previous years, but assuming the order ahead of you got their build in the first half of this year, and with my belief that higher-margin models get priority when production is disrupted (& also your taking Porsche finance is another incentive for them), I'd expect another one for you this year.
Unless they're playing with words and the person ahead of you hasn't yet taken delivery and has only been assigned the remaining future build allocation for the year.

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Unless they're playing with words and the person ahead of you hasn't yet taken delivery and has only been assigned the remaining future build allocation for the year.
They've possibly taken delivery but I couldn't be sure.

We spoke to Porsche initially in Sept21 and there were no others in the queue at that point. By the time we decided to go for it in November, there was one ahead of us.

We're first again now - and I think that was the case since the finance was "sorted" around April22 time - not just as of now due to there being a model delivery in May or June.

That does seem a quick turnaround for someone to have jumped in in October and got their delivery by March / April though.

I guess the other option is they put a deposit down in late 2021 and pulled out since then so we're back at #1 and the dealer hasn't had an allocation at all yet given the disruptions to the supply chain.

Last edited:

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
@WuffvonTrips

I mentioned your comment about "all 2022 allocations having been made to dealerships" to my sales rep.

Got this reply last night...

"Although what you are saying is not yet 100% confirmed by Porsche, it is sadly my belief that this may indeed be the case"

That does not sound like I should be very hopeful I'll see a Turbo S this side of the year.

Assuming it's then Q1 2023, it'll have been 15months+ since the date of deposit.

That's horrific. Part of my reasoning in going up to the Turbo S was that it should have got me there quicker given the queues for the other models.

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
@WuffvonTrips

I mentioned your comment about "all 2022 allocations having been made to dealerships" to my sales rep.

Got this reply last night...

"Although what you are saying is not yet 100% confirmed by Porsche, it is sadly my belief that this may indeed be the case"

That does not sound like I should be very hopeful I'll see a Turbo S this side of the year.

Assuming it's then Q1 2023, it'll have been 15months+ since the date of deposit.

That's horrific. Part of my reasoning in going up to the Turbo S was that it should have got me there quicker given the queues for the other models.
Ordered in June 2022, expected delivery Sept 2023 (maybe even delayed to Nov 2023).
This is for a Taycan 4S... through Arnold Clark Leasing Group.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I ordered in June 22 too - told Nov 23 if not early 24 realistically (RWD)

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I ordered in June 22 too - told Nov 23 if not early 24 realistically (RWD)
Yeah, seems that 15 months is about the norm these days even in a best case scenario. I get that from this point after the Ukraine situation further complicating matters

I just seem to have lost the 6 months from Nov21 to May22 as part the period when things hadn't ground to the point they have now.

It's so frustrating. I could understand a 15 month period for the regularly requested models as they try to catch up. Maybe they're throwing more of them out the door though to cover the huge numbers requesting them.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
I've read that the factory shuts down for the summer soon too. If it were me I'd be trying to get people to work to press on (though as a worker I'd rather my summer hol - I realise I'm saying this as an impatient orderer)

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've read that the factory shuts down for the summer soon too. If it were me I'd be trying to get people to work to press on (though as a worker I'd rather my summer hol - I realise I'm saying this as an impatient orderer)
German labour laws will probably not allow this... Not saying the manufacturing bodies cannot change this, but I think the effort to make this change will be too complex to manage.
All German manufacturers have this summer shut down period - so I guess the change will have to be wider than just Porsche.

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
German labour laws will probably not allow this... Not saying the manufacturing bodies cannot change this, but I think the effort to make this change will be too complex to manage.
All German manufacturers have this summer shut down period - so I guess the change will have to be wider than just Porsche.
A few weeks shut down that is regularly planned for in their summer period shouldn't affect general projections. It wasn't an unknown.

Like Dabz says, you'd surely consider trying to catch up a bit but if the laws are such, maybe they can't.

It shouldn't be a reason for further delays on something which was delayed already though. Their previous estimates must've covered for their regular shut down anyway.
Sponsored