It’s here (no longer “Nuts delivery estimate”)

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Thats odd indeed if compared with ours
From what I read on this forum its in line with most others.
My dealer has 4 allocations for GTS ST in 2022 or 1 per month. I am at position 12 so August 2023 is the best estimate. Now that the gas has been turned off i'm expecting further delays as manufacturing clearly and rightfully comes 2nd place to heating peoples homes.
Sponsored

DynamoCappo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My dealer has 4 allocations for GTS ST in 2022 or 1 per month. I am at position 12 so August 2023 is the best estimate. Now that the gas has been turned off i'm expecting further delays as manufacturing clearly and rightfully comes 2nd place to heating peoples homes.
I can understand the GTS as as slightly newer model in the line being a bit behind.

If I hit over 18 months without my dealer having had a Turbo S, even allowing for all the delays, I'm not gonna be smiling.

Before we put our deposit down in Nov21 (we were speaing to them in Sept / Oct) there wasn't anyone else in the line ahead of us.

I'd be expecting them to get at least 2 delivered in the timeframes we're looking at even if someone jumped me in the queue before we were confirmed in November. Last we spoke to them in July22, we were back in 1st position.

Surely they'd be expecting at least one in the next 6 months to maintain the "worst case" I've got in my mind of Q1 2023 and manage to turn it round under 18 months.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
They'll push out 2 a month is my expectation where global demand for Porsche plummets. China and US sales dropped by double digits H122.

They'll service whatever orders they have, because I also expect a lot of cancellations.

Keep in mind many people in the UK have purchased through businesses, they are not your typical Porsche buyer. Businesses are about to go through some serious pain, and that is why I expect order books to suddenly open up.

In my industry, I now think my long predicted prophesy will come true, with a stampede of bankruptcies. Only today, I heard a very well known player in my space is now insolvent. News direct from a now redundant employee. Had $82m in funding over the years.

Could be a canary in the coalmine. One of my current clients is really struggling.

This will spread and hurt the entire supply chain.

A lot of company car purchases will be cancelled. I am committing regardless of what happens... I don't need the money 😂

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
They'll push out 2 a month is my expectation where global demand for Porsche plummets. China and US sales dropped by double digits H122.

They'll service whatever orders they have, because I also expect a lot of cancellations.

Keep in mind many people in the UK have purchased through businesses, they are not your typical Porsche buyer. Businesses are about to go through some serious pain, and that is why I expect order books to suddenly open up.

In my industry, I now think my long predicted prophesy will come true, with a stampede of bankruptcies. Only today, I heard a very well known player in my space is now insolvent. News direct from a now redundant employee. Had $82m in funding over the years.

Could be a canary in the coalmine. One of my current clients is really struggling.

This will spread and hurt the entire supply chain.

A lot of company car purchases will be cancelled. I am committing regardless of what happens... I don't need the money 😂
I agree and as electricity rises the differential between the two in terms of cost per mile shortens. (for those buying electric cars for that reason)Many will move back to ICE.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree and as electricity rises the differential between the two in terms of cost per mile shortens. (for those buying electric cars for that reason)Many will move back to ICE.
Tbh I think the rocketing electricity prices will be short-lived.

Next year they will be eye-watering.

2024 they will be back to 15-20p a kWH. That means public charge points will be back to 40-50p range.

Like everything in this universe, if it goes in one direction at enormous velocity, it always reverses at a similar pace.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Tbh I think the rocketing electricity prices will be short-lived.

Next year they will be eye-watering.

2024 they will be back to 15-20p a kWH. That means public charge points will be back to 40-50p range.

Like everything in this universe, if it goes in one direction at enormous velocity, it always reverses at a similar pace.
I hope you are right. Looking like an unpleasant next 6+ months in the UK.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I hope you are right. Looking like an unpleasant next 6+ months in the UK.
I think so, which is why I am currently booking my 6 month winter escape to warmer climbs in southern Europe and Africa!

At least if the world goes to sh*t, I can still head to the beach with a cool beer (that costs £40 because of hyperinflation).

OP
OP
Sand dancer

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
Hi folks,

My first post on this site as just getting into the Taycan spirit of Porsche as currently a porker owner here in the UK.

I’ve just ordered a volcano grey RWD 93kWh Sport Turismo through Zenith who are my company’s nominated employee car scheme agent.

They have just sent me an email to excitedly let me know my order is placed and the estimated deliver is Jan 2024.

The local Porsche dealer at Reading has stated 8-10mths for my spec which I built with them c. 3wks ago before ordering via Zenith.

I have gone back to Zenith questioning whether they meant to say 2023 instead of 2024. Really hoping it’s a typo 🙏

Does a near 19 month delivery time seem credible for those who are more in tune with the Porsche ordering and build system?
my SA called today to let me know that my car entered the body shop today - 3 days ahead of plan.

Over the moon 💪

OP
OP
Sand dancer

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Morning troops, well the day arrived to take delivery of the car.

5 points to describe the first 8hrs of ownership - exciting, stunning, sublime, calming, head-turning 😀

Wife and kids loved it when I arrived home with it, with the latter giving it the nickname of the Bogey Bus (or BB) given its colour. That’s 3 young teenage lads for you 🤣

First charging experience was a bit of a flap as I hadn’t noticed the charge was down at 20% until one of my kids said “what’s that”. Following a quick fumble through Porsche charge planner and ZapMap I arrive at the Shell Recharge Windsor fast chargers (175kW?) at 4% 😬 but my first ham-fisted charging efforts worked out ok with charge to 85% in 39mins.

I am the only one who has driven BB so far but it’s Senior Domestic Managment’s turn today.

Here are a couple of poorly taken snaps from collection day. I wanted toget a photo outside of the Ducati garage to help combine my love of bikes, plus I thought it might make a good photo (which I am not sure on).

Porsche Taycan It’s here (no longer “Nuts delivery estimate”) 31101D1F-CEDA-45A1-843B-2FF48C513834
Porsche Taycan It’s here (no longer “Nuts delivery estimate”) 10CBD7B3-697F-481D-810E-A779FE329B57

OP
OP
Sand dancer

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congratulations!
Looking at the 2nd photo- you seem to have selected the "tyres painted in gloss black" option😲
Was that an optional extra? 😉
They sure we’re shiny and clean when I first saw it

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Nice ride! But the tires, damn…

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Fabulous looking car - health to enjoy. 👍

Looks like we share a similar loves of motorbikes. My new Duke finally arrived after a 12 month wait (it's not just Taycans lol) and it'll be delivered to the house next month a few days after collecting my CT4S all being well.

OP
OP
Sand dancer

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Fabulous looking car - health to enjoy. 👍

Looks like we share a similar loves of motorbikes. My new Duke finally arrived after a 12 month wait (it's not just Taycans lol) and it'll be delivered to the house next month a few days after collecting my CT4S all being well.
which Duke did you plump for? I've got a Diavel itch I need to scratch :)

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
which Duke did you plump for? I've got a Diavel itch I need to scratch :)
One of these:

Porsche Taycan It’s here (no longer “Nuts delivery estimate”) pp1

Only pic I have at the moment.

Sportsbike purchases are now a thing of the past and I'm limited to the odd track day after a rather cheeky off in the Isle of Man a few years back (another story...). I find the Multi a good compromise especially with the Pikes Peak version.

Scratches are meant to be itched as well.................go for it. ;) 👍
Sponsored