DWN4IT

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
They are the stock 21” RS Spyder wheels.
What size tire did you go with on the fronts? I'm getting ready to order some 21" wheels and I love the way your car looks! I was thinking of going with 22"" based on some pics I saw of some other Taycans but tire sizes are limited.

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 720s, Porsche 993, Alpina Z8, Ferrari 328,
Country flag
What size tire did you go with on the fronts? I'm getting ready to order some 21" wheels and I love the way your car looks! I was thinking of going with 22"" based on some pics I saw of some other Taycans but tire sizes are limited.
Fronts are 265-35-21....same as the OEM size for the 21" wheels. It's the 305-30-21 tires that are a little limited in terms of availability.

22" wheels look pretty sick, but you're likely going to have to run a 25-series tire in the rear, which are super low profile and leave you susceptible to damage and compromised ride quality.

I would reach out to forum members who have 22" wheels to get their honest opinions before you commit to going that route.

DWN4IT

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Fronts are 265-35-21....same as the OEM size for the 21" wheels. It's the 305-30-21 tires that are a little limited in terms of availability.

22" wheels look pretty sick, but you're likely going to have to run a 25-series tire in the rear, which are super low profile and leave you susceptible to damage and compromised ride quality.

I would reach out to forum members who have 22" wheels to get their honest opinions before you commit to going that route.
Thank you! Ya I love the look but after thinking about it, I think I will stick to the 21's. I live in Phoenix AZ and the roads here suck for potholes, rocks, etc. I would hate to put the 22's on then hit a pothole or something and have to get a new tire or even new wheel. Thanks again for helping out, I appreciate it!

mr_robs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Supra
Country flag
Share some pictures of the rest of your collection if you are open to it! Both of those special BMW's would be great to see.

With how the rear hips of the ST sit you cant even tell the front ride height is slightly higher, 10/10 choice on lowering.

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Share some pictures of the rest of your collection if you are open to it! Both of those special BMW's would be great to see.

With how the rear hips of the ST sit you cant even tell the front ride height is slightly higher, 10/10 choice on lowering.
Per your request….

Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_2273
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_0206
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_2797
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_3860
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_2324
Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_7928

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
So far so good! I’ve put about 100 miles on the car since lowering it, driving in various conditions….highway, suburban streets, twisty roads, parking garages, over speed bumps, etc. No issues with the ride quality, including when the car had 4 passengers.

I certainly understand the risks associated with lowering a car, and I intentionally didn’t want to go too low and slam it. I think the amount that I lowered it is the maximum I would ever go. The front wheel gap is a bit more than the rear, which I prefer, and that helps to reduce the risk of front end scraping.

A few more pics….
Lowered mine a couple years ago now with the CETE system but after a couple of weeks it was very evident that the road quality in my neck of the woods (other than highways of course) was brutal and too noticeable in the ride - removed and sold the system and happy enough with the factory lowest setting - but agree that extra 1-2.5 cm drop gives a really nice sedan like stance to the CT.

One of a slew of pics in my mods/other threads that I won't bore everyone with again :)!

Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_5600

DWN4IT

First Name
Karyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Per your request….

IMG_2273.jpeg
IMG_0206.jpeg
IMG_2797.jpeg
IMG_3860.jpeg
IMG_2324.jpeg
IMG_7928.jpeg
Sweet cars!! What size wheels and tires do you have on your Defender? A friend of mine has one but is not sure what size to go with. Yours looks awesome!!

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sweet cars!! What size wheels and tires do you have on your Defender? A friend of mine has one but is not sure what size to go with. Yours looks awesome!!
Thanks! My Defender has 285/45-22 tires on Urban WX2 wheels.

Porsche Taycan A few photos of my Taycan ST GTS - Lowered with Spacers, and a few other Mods IMG_4410

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lowered mine a couple years ago now with the CETE system but after a couple of weeks it was very evident that the road quality in my neck of the woods (other than highways of course) was brutal and too noticeable in the ride - removed and sold the system and happy enough with the factory lowest setting - but agree that extra 1-2.5 cm drop gives a really nice sedan like stance to the CT.

One of a slew of pics in my mods/other threads that I won't bore everyone with again :)!

IMG_5600.jpeg
I’ve seen your posts and your CT looks great. I obviously love the look when it was lowered, but sorry to hear you were having issues.

Since you had the Cete module, why didn’t you just set the lowering to a less aggressive height? I understand the Cete module is fully adjustable.

As I explained, I didn’t go too aggressive with the lowering links. The links are also fully adjustable, so you can set them to a very minimal level of lowering if desired. If I experience any issues, I will adjust the rear links and lengthen them a bit to reduce the chance of bottoming out. Again, so far it’s been great and I haven’t had any issues….knock on wood!

Btw, on your car, did you paint the plastic front splitter and side skirts? They look almost satin finish. I am thinking about painting mine in a dark grey gloss to give the car a bit of contrast…not all black. If I go that route, I will also powder coat the stock wheels to a satin dark grey color as well. The overall finish will closely resemble my 720s.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I’ve seen your posts and your CT looks great. I obviously love the look when it was lowered, but sorry to hear you were having issues.

Since you had the Cete module, why didn’t you just set the lowering to a less aggressive height? I understand the Cete module is fully adjustable.

As I explained, I didn’t go too aggressive with the lowering links. The links are also fully adjustable, so you can set them to a very minimal level of lowering if desired. If I experience any issues, I will adjust the rear links and lengthen them a bit to reduce the chance of bottoming out. Again, so far it’s been great and I haven’t had any issues….knock on wood!

Btw, on your car, did you paint the plastic front splitter and side skirts? They look almost satin finish. I am thinking about painting mine in a dark grey gloss to give the car a bit of contrast…not all black. If I go that route, I will also powder coat the stock wheels to a satin dark grey color as well. The overall finish will closely resemble my 720s.
Thx - yours too! Long story short but the difference between a usable lowering and the std lowest not worth the hassle (bit more to it but all in other posts).

Yes, again all shown in a prior mods threads I posted, but indeed painted the side skirts and front lip satin black but retained the gloss black factory inserts in both - also painted the ‘tear drop’ surrounds on front lights (surprisingly huge uplift!) and rest of charge door surrounds gloss black to match - just super happy with final look being distinctive but very ‘OEM’ :).

Have gloss black wheels now which mixed in well but the satin+gloss mix allows me to swap for satin black wheels should I go that way at some point and still look good.

mr_robs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Supra
Country flag
Love the E60 and that 90 Defender! Whats the details on the "Urban" kit/spec? Is that similar to a tuner like Brabus/Hartge?

Also had a q about tires. Shopping same specs for aftermarket wheels - did you ever consider the contisportcontact 5p as a performance all season option? I have not been able to find much real feedback from the J1 platform on them.

OP
OP

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Love the E60 and that 90 Defender! Whats the details on the "Urban" kit/spec? Is that similar to a tuner like Brabus/Hartge?

Also had a q about tires. Shopping same specs for aftermarket wheels - did you ever consider the contisportcontact 5p as a performance all season option? I have not been able to find much real feedback from the J1 platform on them.
Sorry to the Taycan owners who aren’t interested in these topics for these others cars, but I feel compelled and I am happy to respond to the requests.

Urban Automotive is a tuner out of the UK that customizes the new and old Defender, Range Rovers, Rolls Royces, G-Wagons, RS6 Avants, etc. Their kits are excellent quality and fitment.

https://www.instagram.com/urbanautomotive?igsh=MW5hNHEwd2o1YjB2MQ==

Regarding the all season tires for the Taycan, I had the Michelin Pilot Sport All Seasons on one of my cars, and I liked them very much. I preferred them over the Continental DWS All Seasons. To be fair, I’ve never tried the Contisport Contacts.