Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Yes I have the list. It’s long. Also one thing I didn’t know until I wanted to order my 2022 is pts is only available on certain months allocation. Ie if you dealer has a November allocation you can’t do PtS unless they switch the allocation with PCNA to December.
I believe PTS allocation is 3x a year
Sponsored

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I wish I had the patience to wait for PTS on my Turbo S order - Acid Green would be amazing. Probably less amazing when my wife sees it and destroys me.
Acid green is a standard PTS along with Ruby Star, Viola metallic, riviera blue and 61 other approved colors.. (cost approx USD 11.500)

You should be able to get it faster than PTS plus (“true PTS” cost approx USD 23.000).

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
specific months? If so, is September freeze and production a PTS allocation?
When is your production allocation date?

Looking over it with the dealer, he showed me they had 2 turbo PTS allocations in December.
It looks like a calendar with big boxes that show the models they can produce for that specific dealer.
As an FYI the more volume a dealer does, more allocations they get from Porsche

Acid green is a standard PTS along with Ruby Star, Viola metallic, riviera blue and 61 other approved colors.. (cost approx USD 11.500)

You should be able to get it faster than PTS plus (“true PTS” cost approx USD 23.000).
Do you have an idea of the feasibility study timeframe?
911 can be over a year and your color could be rejected, refund issued

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

Yep, but my build slot is October so it will delay it.

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
When is your production allocation date?
Freeze date is 9/6/21, production start date is 9/24/21 and production completion is 10/1/21

So damn tempted with PTS but my wife is going to probably kill me if I sneak it in.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep, but my build slot is October so it will delay it.
The factory has a specific time in the year that they shut down the paint lines for PTS switchover.
That's why it's so rare to get allocations.

Freeze date is 9/6/21, production start date is 9/24/21 and production completion is 10/1/21

So damn tempted with PTS but my wife is going to probably kill me if I sneak it in.
You got PTS? Sorry I can't recall

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Checking the configurator I thought since Turbo and Turbo S include metallic paint in the costs that the PTS might be cheaper…but then of course this is Porsche! Same price for PTS on all the Taycan models.

Acid Green is really screaming out to me…most likely at the expense of dropping mission e wheels with the forced breaks upgrade.

Damn you Porsche for all your options!

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag

@MrJohnDolk thanks for this data point. Now, when my wife complains I spent a mere $3150 for Neptune Blue, I can say, "but honey, there are TWO more expensive levels of color choices above mine! We are getting a bargain!"

Last edited:

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
BTW for anyone ordering heat and sound insulating glass it does seem to interfere with mobile phone reception…
Where did you see this Isaac? Can anyone else back this up? I probably won't order it if that's the case but I'm in SE FL and I park outside so I was really hoping to have that insulating glass.

ATOM_1971

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992S, CayenneS_E3
Country flag
CTs are different. All MY22s are going to come with the updates in the OP.
Not clear to me, can you explain what you mean?

Today I was talking with a dealer and he was stating that, to his knowlege, all Taycan CT with production week >27/2021 (first week of July) are already MY2022... and to my knowledge European Taycan CTs (produced in July) already reaching the dealer cannot be delivered to customers for a pending update (SW?) yet to be released by Porsche.

Anyone with more details?

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Not clear to me, can you explain what you mean?

Today I was talking with a dealer and he was stating that, to his knowlege, all Taycan CT with production week >27/2021 (first week of July) are already MY2022... and to my knowledge European Taycan CTs (produced in July) already reaching the dealer cannot be delivered to customers for a pending update (SW?) yet to be released by Porsche.

Anyone with more details?
My CT started production July 19. TYD shows it as a 2021 so far.

Bill4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo ; CT4S ordered
Country flag
My CT started production July 9th … asked my dealer … no doubt its a MY21 unfortunately… even if production is still not completed
Sponsored