2 additions I would like implemented in current MY’s

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
After a month, 2 things I miss that I think could be easily implemented in PCM:
- Have the ride height made available in the app. Times I park when lifted, are more often than not, because of not going faster than 30km/h between the last bump and parking. Then I forget to choose “deep” and I’m looking at a ridiculous ride height when parked, so ride height in the app please, next to the lock and preheat button.
- Phone USB support: Phone can only be connected via BT, not via USB. however the USB mode works fine for calling in Carplay, so the hardware and software work, it’s just not enabled in PCM. my combox is broken and in backorder for replacement. now I need to call handsfree via Carplay, as PCM does not support phone via USB.
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
After a month, 2 things I miss that I think could be easily implemented in PCM:
- Have the ride height made available in the app. Times I park when lifted, are more often than not, because of not going faster than 30km/h between the last bump and parking. Then I forget to choose “deep” and I’m looking at a ridiculous ride height when parked, so ride height in the app please, next to the lock and preheat button.
- Phone USB support: Phone can only be connected via BT, not via USB. however the USB mode works fine for calling in Carplay, so the hardware and software work, it’s just not enabled in PCM. my combox is broken and in backorder for replacement. now I need to call handsfree via Carplay, as PCM does not support phone via USB.
the forums are not official feedback mechanisms to Porsche - you'll need to provide this feedback to your local dealer/service manager if you have any hope of this feedback reaching Porsche

my personal experience is feedback via this forum or officially via Customer Support/Dealer/Service manager is all ignored - but I can promise you 100% this (and other) forums is not the way to get Porsche's attention for enhancement request.

you should write this up and provide an eMail/letter to your Service Manager/Sales Associate - they should route it to Porsche headquarters where it will be filed and sorted…

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Here is one more for your list. A manual input to preheat the battery on command.
You can do this already - just add a DC charging location as a stopover and then ignore as you drive by (assuming you don't need to charge). No other reason to pre condition.

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
You can do this already - just add a DC charging location as a stopover and then ignore as you drive by (assuming you don't need to charge). No other reason to pre condition.
While the entering a charger in the you Nav works, it is useless unless you are on a road trip.
Assume the battery and its temp is at 20% SOC and 20F, respectively. I am at my office and the trip to a convenient charger is 8 miles away from where I am parked. I enter the charger in the Nav. When I arrive there, I am lucky if the battery temp is 25F (which is all but useless). If the car had the ability to pre-condition the battery, the problem would be solved. I could have started pre-heating an hour before departure. The car will not operate without the key and I won't leave the key in the car in a parking lot, unless I am in it.
A simple software change is all the is needed to pre-condition the battery via a manual selection.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
While the entering a charger in the you Nav works, it is useless unless you are on a road trip.
Assume the battery and its temp is at 20% SOC and 20F, respectively. I am at my office and the trip to a convenient charger is 8 miles away from where I am parked. I enter the charger in the Nav. When I arrive there, I am lucky if the battery temp is 25F (which is all but useless). If the car had the ability to pre-condition the battery, the problem would be solved. I could have started pre-heating an hour before departure. The car will not operate without the key and I won't leave the key in the car in a parking lot, unless I am in it.
A simple software change is all the is needed to pre-condition the battery via a manual selection.
Realise that it wasn't a practical suggestion and in fact had suggested a manual option on the forum 18 months ago.

Now I don't really think I need it and rarely precondition for any public charger. I tend to use 50kW DC EVSEs and to be honest it doesn't really matter if I arrive there cold as the car will still pull 49 kWh as soon as it's connected. Within a few short minutes the battery is up to 32C.
Sponsored