20 inch aero turbo wheels

badboy02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
how does the 20 inch aero turbo wheels ride on a steel suspension in normal mode?
Sponsored

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I had 20" on my 4S with air and the ride was great - can't imagine a step change on steel. 20" are the sweet spot. I have 21" on my GTS with air and the ride is remarkably good. For me, more rubber = smoother ride on any type of suspension.

If you have the option I would recommend air given the weight of the car.

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
I have the 20 inch aero turbo wheels on steel suspension on a RWD Taycan.
The ride is very good. I can't complain.
The PASM system (=Porsche Active Suspension Management) has a much bigger impact than the lack of air suspension.
You can easily configure the suspension with PASM. There is a big difference between the different modes.
PASM is standard on all Taycans.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
If the question is about wheel style as well as size, then the only difference between the various 20" designs (as far as I know) is that the "aero" designed ones are more aerodynamically efficient, so slightly reduce power consumption rate and slightly improve maximum range. (Also, some might be quicker to clean, having fewer gaps).

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
The 20 inch's are not too soft not too firm.

Maybe another thing to add:
The standard height of the standard spring supsension is a very good balance in my opinion.
Not too high, to still look sporty.
Not too low, to cause problems in normal traffic. (speed bumps,...)

That is also why I did not take air suspension: I had cars with air suspension before, but after the initial week of playing with all new features, I noticed that I did not change the height anymore. (Fewer unnecessary parts, are fewer parts that can break down, in my opinion, :) )

OP
OP

badboy02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The 20 inch's are not too soft not too firm.

Maybe another thing to add:
The standard height of the standard spring supsension is a very good balance in my opinion.
Not too high, to still look sporty.
Not too low, to cause problems in normal traffic. (speed bumps,...)

That is also why I did not take air suspension: I had cars with air suspension before, but after the initial week of playing with all new features, I noticed that I did not change the height anymore. (Fewer unnecessary parts, are fewer parts that can break down, in my opinion, :) )
will the 20 inch with the steel suspension ride smooth that is my question?

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
so i won't need to order the air suspension is that correct?
Up to you to decide. Some people say you don't need (including me). Some people will say you do need it. Air suspension is mostly for changing the height of the car. It has a positive impact on the ride, but it is limited.
For sure the Taycan is a very good car with very good suspension, with or without air suspension.

OP
OP

badboy02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Up to you to decide. Some people say you don't need (including me). Some people will say you do need it. Air suspension is mostly for changing the height of the car. It has a positive impact on the ride, but it is limited.
For sure the Taycan is a very good car with very good suspension, with or without air suspension.
thank you sir for your answers.
Sponsored