First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupé Hybrid / 21 Taycan 4s perf.batt.plus
Country flag
@andix
Hi, it’s a combination of APP ( PGEAR ) and satellite antenna , that you have to buy.
The satellite antenna receives the signals that the app translates into data. The position, the slope of the road and all the data necessary to calculate the acceleration of the car are considered; for the data to be realistic, there must be at least 6-8 satellites connected (you can see it from the screen I attached with the green dot)
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I've come from an i8 and a 996 C2 coupe. I ordered a 4S and have switched to a turbo without even driving it. Everyone is talking about performance, but let's not forget, extra powder is NOT the only difference between 4S and Turbo.

The 4S I drove on test was great. Similar to the i8 in lots of ways, but heavier, so the performance felt about similar overall. Not raw and crazy like an old manual 911 though. So the turbo will make it feel more special to me performance-wise.

BUT the real reason I went turbo, is that by the time I'd specced the 4S with the options I wanted it was over £100k:

Free on Turbo and not 4S
Metallic
Performance battery+
Turbo S wheels and Turbo brakes (you have to have the brakes with the wheels, it's a forced option)
Full leather
Sport chrono
other bits.....

now, the Turbo comes with all that and more as Standard AND you're going to get a better residual.
The turbo brakes are standard but you have to pay a bit to upgrade for the mission E wheels, although not as much as in the 4S.

You also get included as standard on the Turbo:
Porsche Torque Vectoring
racetex roof lining (good for me as I don't want the pan roof)
different body kit
BOSE
and loads of other things too

I don't think Porsche are very good at telling you the differences between the cars other than pure performance. But spend enough time racking your brain choosing as I have and you can see it's not as crazy as you think going for turbo over 4S. Overall cost of ownership will be similar unless you go nots on the configurator.

Now GTS is another story...
I did the same comparison but a lot of the options I wanted are also still optional and extra on the Turbo too so the price difference for me is still too much for a car which I am buying mainly for the ride/handling balance, which is the same for both, and the extra acceleration will be something I never use at all.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Just a pic from P-Gear of my 4s21 performance battery plus... testing 0-100 km/h
( 21” wheels )
I’m so happy !! No doubt for price/perfomance ratio

94171A67-092F-484D-8FE0-D3C1A32CA5F7.jpeg
Thanks for sharing. I deduce from this and my experience of a 4S CT demonstrator, that my tolerance threshold for lateral acceleration is at most 2 seconds at more than 0.75G. Any more than that I found unpleasant. That alone should make me discount a Turbo...but the imp on my shoulder keeps telling me that repetition increases tolerance.

Bertibasset

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was on the horns of the same dilemma and I bought the 4S reasoning that the nearly $50-100K difference between the 4S, the Turbo and Turbo S would simply be a matter of 0-60 acceleration times. The cars are nearly identical outside of that one metric—they handle the same, have essentially the same interface bells and whistles (depending on your configuration).

Save the money and buy your wife the Audi Q4 and a trip to Paris and stay at Le Bristol. you’ll still be thousands ahead!
I originally wanted the Turbo but could not get one so got a 4s and a good specification which was my choice lover the car no issues I have ordered the turbo in September and got a confirmed build slot of Feb 2022 the Turbo is a sweet spot especially what you get and the performance is really a no brainer especially when you come to resale these cars are holding prices so well I have never known anything like it year old 4s going for 92% of original cost

Pprior

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 428, BMW 328GT, Kumpan electric scooter
Country flag
I owned a Model S Performance (P100D successor) and I agree with everything you said. The acceleration was merely a novelty at some point. I barely ever used it and when I drove the 4s I thought, "this is fast enough" and I went with the 4s. For me the Taycan and Model S were luxury cruisers not race cars. I have a BMW M2 for that right now and I love it, but I hate driving it to work everyday.
Off topic a bit, but why don’t you like driving the M2? I ask because I’m debating a taycan vs a number of other cars one of which is the upcoming M2.

anoobis

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s, 2020 BMW M2 Comp, 2023 C8 Z06
Country flag
Off topic a bit, but why don’t you like driving the M2? I ask because I’m debating a taycan vs a number of other cars one of which is the upcoming M2.
It's not that I don't like driving it per se. I do enjoy driving it. I just don't want to drive it everyday. The suspension is very stiff and I have a bumper to bumper commute where it doesn't get to stretch its legs a lot.
Sponsored