First Name
Ravinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Good evening all,

I have my car going in for diagnostic next week as the A/C has failed.

Over December 22 / January 23 we had the dreaded HV heater failure, and this needed replacing which took a few weeks. Now its the opposite which I only noticed during the small heatwave we have had in the UK.

Anyone else experience the two similar cases? I do recall some sort of fan grinding / catching noise prior to the A/C failing, but this noise only used to come on when charging the car in the evenings.

Also, is the A/C coolant circuit for the HVAC part of what cools down the HV battery too? When I asked the dealer, they weren't too sure. But I am sure the battery temperature shown on the information screen seems to be higher than normal, especially on long journeys.
Sponsored

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
AC and heating failure have been well documented on the Taycan. There are hundreds of not thousands of posts on this forum. Just do a search.

Yes the cooling system for the AC and HV battery are connected. That's why during times of high battery temp AC cooling will be reduced to keep battery temp down.

sbalaji

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB
Country flag
My 2023 Taycan is in the shop for the 3rd time because of complete AC failure. The second time they said it was an AC line and they said they replaced it but 2 days later it failed. This time I took to another dealer (as I had given up with poor service and lack of confidence in them) and they are saying they found a leak in the AC line. How many AC lines are there on the Taycan?

OP
OP

Ravi007

First Name
Ravinder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
The heating and cooling circuits in the Taycan are complex. As well as the main battery circulation system, there are ancillary components tied in which serve to heat and cool the cabin. As they are interlinked, various failures can trigger issues.

The most common is the HV heater which is prone to failure during cold temps. As well as this, there are two fans in the inner wheel arches, right and left side. These are also prone to jamming with grit / dirt and failing. This will lead to a loss in performance with the cooling.

Reading the forums, it seems as if there is a new part available for the heater, and a new part is incoming for the fan - a redesigned shroud.

sbalaji

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB
Country flag
There is no heating in summer happening here - when I got my car. Today they said they found a leak in the AC line. How many AC lines do they have ?

CaliPorsche

First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Cayenne S, 964 Speedster, AMG