Heating Failure and Battery Failure!

Howie T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Tycan 4s
Country flag
Hi
I've joined this forum in the hope that someone can help or has had the same problems as me. i bought my New Taycan Dec21 through my business on PCP. January 23 the heating system failed and i was without the car for 41 days. Fast forward to may and the battery failed and was eventually told i would need a new battery, i still don't have my car back and there is no timeline on when i will get it back, so currently im in a BMW IX hire car. Want i want to know does anyone have any idea on my legal position? because i have complained to the dealer and Porsche GB and I'm getting nowhere!
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi
I've joined this forum in the hope that someone can help or has had the same problems as me. i bought my New Taycan Dec21 through my business on PCP. January 23 the heating system failed and i was without the car for 41 days. Fast forward to may and the battery failed and was eventually told i would need a new battery, i still don't have my car back and there is no timeline on when i will get it back, so currently im in a BMW IX hire car. Want i want to know does anyone have any idea on my legal position? because i have complained to the dealer and Porsche GB and I'm getting nowhere!
Not a lot you can do I'm afraid given the time elapsed from when you bought the car and now encountering the problems.

Pretty much all MY20, MY21 and some MY22's will experience the heater failure (my MY21 4S heater failed when leaving the dealership earlier this year). My GTS (March'23) delivery was delayed due to a partial heater fault and production was halted at the factory for a while impacting all MY23 deliveries - so this has been a HUGE issue for Porsche.

Luckily, you have rock solid warranty to fall back on but in terms of getting your money back I think that will be a challenge for sure.

An HV battery failure is not ideal at all but again replaceable under warranty.

I assume the loaner is 'free'?

OP
OP

Howie T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Tycan 4s
Country flag
Thanks for that, i also had a Macan Turbo (best car i ever had) yes loaner 'free' just hoped there would be redress i have been told i can go to the ombudsman but wont hold my breath!

Olicanian

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Range Rover, SL.
Country flag
Wait till you see how much your car depreciated this year !

MHC

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Turbo, 2022 BMW IX,
Country flag
I luckily haven’t had this issue with Porsche but had a Similar extended service problem with a mercedes S class. Even though the dealer gave me an S class loaner for two month - I received a check from mercedes corporate for the equivalent lease payment for the two months the car was in for repairs. Note - I owned the car outright but this was their way of compensating me for loss of use. Needless to say I was very pleased. The repair was a one off manufacturing software/ hardware issue rather than a larger recall item so that could be a factor in how they dealt with me.

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
Try and relax and just PILE THE MILES on the iX. Great (if ugly) car as a loaner, I always get 520d or similar.
Sponsored