A Christmas Miracle . . .

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Stopped by an Electrify America station that was recently upgraded with 150kW chargers and was able to charge on first try - no stoppages, no false starts, no calls to EA customer service. Was able to do quick charge from 70% SOC to 94% SOC in just 19 min.

Porsche Taycan A Christmas Miracle . . . IMG_3388
Sponsored

4STOY

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, F150, 718 GTS 4.0, 911 TTS
Country flag
I wish I could say the same. I charged my 4S twice on Christmas at EA. The morning charge took 30 minutes to initiate after trying two 350kw chargers and four charging ports before I could get one to work. Upon my return trip in the afternoon I stopped at the same charger and was only able to charge after contacting customer service. I waited for a charger reboot - No Joy! Moved to a second charger - No Joy! Finally, customer service initiated a remote start charging session and I was able to charge - 45 minutes after arriving. The customer service rep was very pleasant and managed to get me on my way but the overall experience was frustrating to say the least.

I have used EA charge stations 5 times since purchasing my Taycan and only two of those worked as planned. Two stops required calls to customer service.

I guess I just need more training.

Last edited:

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
Any comment as in the UK, but cool photo !

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
No, just some patience. Lots of EV models coming to market the next couple of years and they all rely on this network...
<grabs popcorn>

tez1

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
Stopped by an Electrify America station that was recently upgraded with 150kW chargers and was able to charge on first try - no stoppages, no false starts, no calls to EA customer service. Was able to do quick charge from 70% SOC to 94% SOC in just 19 min.

IMG_3388.jpg
With the Star of the North above you for guidance home.