Ability to change/update Taycan image in My Porsche app?

Valkyrie

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S PB+
Country flag
I purchased a CPO Taycan 4S which had everything I was looking for in terms of specs and price.. except I didn’t care for the stock wheels (19” Taycan Aero). I purchased the 20” Taycan Turbo Aero wheels/tires package and the dealership installed these. However, I was hoping that my image (avatar) of the vehicle within the My Porsche app could be updated to reflect the new wheels. I know it sounds trivial, but every time I open the app, I’m reminded that I have a different set of wheels on the vehicle! Does anyone have a process or know of how to get this image updated? I reached out to the customer service team for the app, and their response was less than helpful: “You can apply the new image of the vehicle in the My Porsche Portal which will reflect the twenty-inch Taycan Turbo Aero wheels and tires. This is certainly not trivial or a small detail at all!” I’ve tried to update images in the website version of the My Porsche portal, but it doesn’t reflect anything within the app.. Thoughts/Advice? Thanks!

*screenshot of the app is what is showing; picture of just the vehicle is what it should be..

Porsche Taycan Ability to change/update Taycan image in My Porsche app? IMG_8032

Porsche Taycan Ability to change/update Taycan image in My Porsche app? IMG_8028

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Not the answer you want, but customer service is right. Use the second image and upload it as avatar. Did you try to reauthenticate with the app? I can imagine they only check the avatar on first login.

PaulIOM

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Or possibly linked to original build spec or VIN cause of the garage pulled up,the config it would show the original wheels

OP
OP
Valkyrie

Valkyrie

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S PB+
Country flag
Or possibly linked to original build spec or VIN cause of the garage pulled up,the config it would show the original wheels
This was my initial thought as well.. I’m working with Porsche support to see if this is possible to pull the configurator code and then “re-update” it. If it isn’t possible, it isn’t the end of the world, though! Thanks!

pedroleumjelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Triumph Trident, 2023 Taycan
Country flag
I purchased a CPO Taycan 4S which had everything I was looking for in terms of specs and price.. except I didn’t care for the stock wheels (19” Taycan Aero). I purchased the 20” Taycan Turbo Aero wheels/tires package and the dealership installed these. However, I was hoping that my image (avatar) of the vehicle within the My Porsche app could be updated to reflect the new wheels. I know it sounds trivial, but every time I open the app, I’m reminded that I have a different set of wheels on the vehicle! Does anyone have a process or know of how to get this image updated? I reached out to the customer service team for the app, and their response was less than helpful: “You can apply the new image of the vehicle in the My Porsche Portal which will reflect the twenty-inch Taycan Turbo Aero wheels and tires. This is certainly not trivial or a small detail at all!” I’ve tried to update images in the website version of the My Porsche portal, but it doesn’t reflect anything within the app.. Thoughts/Advice? Thanks!

*screenshot of the app is what is showing; picture of just the vehicle is what it should be..

IMG_8032.jpeg

IMG_8028.png
Where does one update the image on the Porsche portal?!