madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
Sorry to vent (I try not to complain much on the forum) but it bugs me to no end that when I plug in at home at night and have a daily timer set the My Porsche app reports “Charging Error” in red when in reality it is just in the “Waiting” state. I wish it would flash white like how the car and the PMCC do while waiting for the timer to start the charge rather than looking like something is wrong.

First world problems, I know, and if this is my biggest complaint (it isn’t, but it’s up there), I guess I’m doing OK…

Am I alone? How hard can it be to fix that? Hopefully in a future app update.
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I’m still using Connect and it reports “waiting” properly.

Avharrisjr

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne S, and Taycan
Country flag
Sorry to vent (I try not to complain much on the forum) but it bugs me to no end that when I plug in at home at night and have a daily timer set the My Porsche app reports “Charging Error” in red when in reality it is just in the “Waiting” state. I wish it would flash white like how the car and the PMCC do while waiting for the timer to start the charge rather than looking like something is wrong.

First world problems, I know, and if this is my biggest complaint (it isn’t, but it’s up there), I guess I’m doing OK…

I have run into this also. Especially when I leave charger connected after the timer charge is complete. This is what I believe is recommended when car is not going to be used for several weeks or so, charge to 50% using a timer and leave it connected to “the main”. Usually I get a white flashing standby for a while and then “charging error” comes up and stays. If I have an additional timer set charging seems to start on time and complete, and then go back to charging error.

OP
OP
madeyong

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I’m still using Connect and it reports “waiting” properly.
Thanks. I’m still partial to Connect as well but have been forcing myself to get used to My Porsche, as I have a feeling that it’s just a matter of time before we no longer have a choice. I’m sure they will improve My Porsche over time 🤞it’s just a little irritating that it throws an error.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

The charge port release button flashes blue as does the PMCC when in the wait state - not white.

Full range shown below:

Porsche Taycan “Charging Error” in My Porsche App Screenshot_20220502-064436_Porsche Good to know

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot

When you encounter this on your app (I've seen that too) shake your phone and a bug report will pop up (including the steps you took and a screenshot).
Explain the problem and send it.
This way the developer is notified and it's indeed better than complaining on internet.
The more people report this error/bug the better the info for fixing this.
I already send a report about sending destinations/charging stations to the car which doesn't work anymore.

Porsche Taycan “Charging Error” in My Porsche App Screenshot_20220502-092334

AJRDU

First Name
Artis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My app has this problem if I use the passenger side port but the problem disappears if I use the driver’s port. Switch your port and see if the app behaves differently. Both my ports charge appropriately but for whatever reason the app reports a charge error with timers used on the passenger side but never on the driver’s.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
My app has this problem if I use the passenger side port but the problem disappears if I use the driver’s port. Switch your port and see if the app behaves differently. Both my ports charge appropriately but for whatever reason the app reports a charge error with timers used on the passenger side but never on the driver’s.
Good idea!
Maybe you could specify what the driver side is as there are still countries where they drive on the wrong side of the road (very dangerous imho). 😁
So: is it the AC/DC port or just the AC port?
I'll try it this afternoon, good idea. 👍🏻

OP
OP
madeyong

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
The charge port release button flashes blue as does the PMCC when in the wait state - not white.

Full range shown below:

Screenshot_20220502-064436_Porsche Good to know.jpg
Hah! I’m a bit color deficient (no joke). I guess it is blue…

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Guess what?
I tried the driver's side:

Porsche Taycan “Charging Error” in My Porsche App Screenshot_20220502-143544

So that works ok now (no charge error).
Maybe they already fixed it.

Last edited:

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I changed sides and indeed, on the passenger side (AC/DC) it still creates an error although everything is fine.
I made a bug report.

Porsche Taycan “Charging Error” in My Porsche App Screenshot_20220502-182443

AJRDU

First Name
Artis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good idea!
Maybe you could specify what the driver side is as there are still countries where they drive on the wrong side of the road (very dangerous imho). 😁
So: is it the AC/DC port or just the AC port?
I'll try it this afternoon, good idea. 👍🏻
I get no errors on the AC port but get the same error you see when I use the AC/DC port. now I'm curious, aren't all the cars set up the same so that no matter where the steering wheel is, the side with the driver gets the AC port?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I get no errors on the AC port but get the same error you see when I use the AC/DC port. now I'm curious, aren't all the cars set up the same so that no matter where the steering wheel is, the side with the driver gets the AC port?
Plausible. 🤗

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Correct - AC only on driver's side regardless of market.
Sponsored