Baguas

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I also would like to know if the RWD Taycan has Smart Lift. In the USA, there is no separate
option to add Smart Lift to the RWD model. The standard equipment list for the 2021 Taycan 4S mentions Smart Lift as being part of the standard "Adaptive Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) with Smart Lift." What's interesting is that the "with Smart Lift" is not in the description for the adaptive air suspension option on the RWD Taycan - it only says "Adaptive Air Suspension incl. Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)." Is that deliberate or a building tool oversight?

The Car & Driver review of the RWD Taycan mentions "folks with steep driveways and tight garages can opt for power folding mirrors and the air suspension with its GPS-based nose-lift memory" but it's impossible to know whether they have assumed Smart Lift comes with the air suspension option on the RWD Taycan or Porsche has confirmed its inclusion with the air suspension. I spoke to a dealer today and he was very sure the omission of Smart Lift from the RWD air suspension option meant it was not included.
The Porsche website says that the rwd has smartlift if the airsuspnsion is added my question is what about noselift like the 911? This is important for me since I have a steep driveway to my garage? Anybody knows?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not sure what you mean but the entire car lifts with SmartLift using the Satnav coordinates of where the car is at that time. You need to programme each location (both ways) and approach slowly when programmed to give the car time to react. The car will not return to normal height post SmartLift so you need to remember to do that or simply just leave it and when at a certain speed the care will automatically go to normal height. Works well. No issues.

Nose lift I assume just jacks the front.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
so when choosing the lift option for Taycan, the front and rear both lift?

Not sure what you mean but the entire car lifts with SmartLift using the Satnav coordinates of where the car is at that time. You need to programme each location (both ways) and approach slowly when programmed to give the car time to react. The car will not return to normal height post SmartLift so you need to remember to do that or simply just leave it and when at a certain speed the care will automatically go to normal height. Works well. No issues.

Baguas

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

That’s it...in my driveway I need to lift the nose ...more than all the entire car...I’ve seen in some article’s that has nose lift but i can’t be sure and the dealer doesn’t know

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
That’s it...in my driveway I need to lift the nose ...more than all the entire car...I’ve seen in some article’s that has nose lift but i can’t be sure and the dealer doesn’t know
Entire car not just the front axle.
  • Increases the ground clearance by approx. 20 mm compared to the "Medium" level.
  • Can be selected at speeds of up to approx. 30 km/h (19 mph) and is deselected automatically at higher speeds.
  • Used to drive over obstacles.

Baguas

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Entire car not just the front axle.
  • Increases the ground clearance by approx. 20 mm compared to the "Medium" level.
  • Can be selected at speeds of up to approx. 30 km/h (19 mph) and is deselected automatically at higher speeds.
  • Used to drive over obstacles.
This is the problem....I’m sure I need something to elevate the front axe

Porsche Taycan Activating Smartlift ? C730565E-E0AA-4818-84D5-07C3846080FB