Smartlift question

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Got my car two days ago and loving it so far.

I tried smartlift several times, but It's not working properly. Approaching obstacle, push smartlift button, save location. This all works, but when I approach obstacle again nothing happens.

Suggestions anyone?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
Got my car two days ago and loving it so far.

I tried smartlift several times, but It's not working properly. Approaching obstacle, push smartlift button, save location. This all works, but when I approach obstacle again nothing happens.

Suggestions anyone?
did the car announce to you via a message on the screen that the location was saved? if yes, then the only other reason for it not to work at a saved location is because you approached the location at a high rate of speed. it will not work when over X mph

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Tesla had a similar issue. Neither anticipates well enough to actually have the car at the lifted height when you are at the set location, instead they begin the lift process within a certain radius of the set location (I don't know what that radius might be). Consider that the lift process itself takes about 7 seconds (from low) and consider that the PCM seems a bit laggy activating the function (my 2012 Tesla was faster) - so you may need to anticipate the location for the PCM. For a speed bump for example, you may need to save two locations - one in each approach direction. I also have my garage set - that extra height helps egress vs. the low setting.

OP
OP

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
It seems to work now. Strange because I've tested it a couple of times by adding the location and drive away. Then coming back slowly and nothing happend. Went home came back an hour later and it worked.

I think it needed time to process everything ;)

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Tesla had a similar issue. Neither anticipates well enough to actually have the car at the lifted height when you are at the set location, instead they begin the lift process within a certain radius of the set location (I don't know what that radius might be). Consider that the lift process itself takes about 7 seconds (from low) and consider that the PCM seems a bit laggy activating the function (my 2012 Tesla was faster) - so you may need to anticipate the location for the PCM. For a speed bump for example, you may need to save two locations - one in each approach direction. I also have my garage set - that extra height helps egress vs. the low setting.
This is exactly what I was thinking. I am still testing it, but it seems to come on right as I am scraping the speed bump. :)

DNADoc

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB S560e
Country flag
I have it set up to raise the car before entering my driveway, where there is a dip between the street and driveway. I find I need to slow almost to a complete stop and then wait for the car to actually finish raising itself before proceeding. I also have set this up at my tennis club parking lot to avoid scraping on the concrete curb barriers and works well.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I set it far enough back from where I need it that it works every time now. It'll even complain if you are going too fast, and if you slow down soon enough, it will engage.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I have it set up to raise the car before entering my driveway, where there is a dip between the street and driveway. I find I need to slow almost to a complete stop and then wait for the car to actually finish raising itself before proceeding. I also have set this up at my tennis club parking lot to avoid scraping on the concrete curb barriers and works well.
Be careful doing this. If the air bladders leak while you’re parked the car will settle onto the barrier.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
It’s hot and miss for me, some drives it works perfectly, other times it never lifts. If it works it will get almost all of the saved locations, with caveats above. When it doesn’t it never auto lifts.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
SmartLift setting and some confusion. Maybe someone can assist.

The junction of my driveway and street has always caused bottoming-out both coming and going.
When coming home, I get using GPS and setting a smartlift location somewhere before my driveway (GPS#1) to give the Taycan time to rise.

When I leave in the morning from my garage, I want it to raise again, (hopefully automatically.) Do I set a second GPS location in my garage (GPS#2) so that it knows to rise?

A question then is what happens when I've left my home (without bottoming out hopefully) and then drive past GPS#1 location. Will it rise again? After rising, does it automatically return to normal height based on a timer or distance from the triggering GPS location? Or will I always have to lower manually?

I will certainly and carefully supervise its use to gain confidence that it will really work all of the time. (Likely won't hold my breathe on that one however).

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I have a similar situation, and I have found I have to put a smart lift location a little distance before the spot in each of the approach directions (coming up and going down). From what I have seen smart lift trigger seems to have an approach direction, which means you can’t just put one point. It seems to work a LOT of the times. But I have caught a couple of times where the lift is not lit and when I try to activate it says smart lift automatically activated. I think it was just ashamed and was trying to cover it up! ;)

as for lowering there is a speed threshold at which point it lowers again, so I just drive on and not worry about it and it will go away.

hope this helps.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
I have a similar situation, and I have found I have to put a smart lift location a little distance before the spot in each of the approach directions (coming up and going down). From what I have seen smart lift trigger seems to have an approach direction, which means you can’t just put one point. It seems to work a LOT of the times. But I have caught a couple of times where the lift is not lit and when I try to activate it says smart lift automatically activated. I think it was just ashamed and was trying to cover it up! ;)

as for lowering there is a speed threshold at which point it lowers again, so I just drive on and not worry about it and it will go away.

hope this helps.

Thanks so much. Will try to set up and see what happens.

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Does smart lift deactivate automatically when you leave the saved location? How long is it supposed to take? I drove around the entire block of my house and it wouldn't de-activate.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Does smart lift deactivate automatically when you leave the saved location? How long is it supposed to take? I drove around the entire block of my house and it wouldn't de-activate.
Smartlift lowers the car once you get over 20mph
Sponsored