Adding a second user. Solved.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This was discussed before and I don't remember if I saw a resolution, but after trying many times and failing, I finally figured it out.

1. Have that user setup a Porsche ID online (e.g. email address with a password).
2. It is rumored that it is best to not have a pw with 8 characters (9 or 10 is better), but I have not confirmed that. Mine is 9 characters.
3. Go to the vehicle owners account online (not in the IOS app).
4. Go to the my vehicle tab.
5. Click on the picture of your car.
6. Scroll down to see "Manage your secondary users"
7. Click on add user. That will send the new user an invite to your car.
8. Have them click on that invite and do the confirmation.
9. Have them log into Porsche online and they should now see the car added. They need to set up a 4 digit vehicle password (although they can ignore that later).
10. Go to the car and set up a new account with their Porsche ID and that password from step 2. For this step, start the car with the second key if you want the account info linked to that second key.

It sounds like a lot but it is not. It took me 3 minutes once I figured it out.
My mistake was that I originally did not do steps 3-9. I though the error I was getting was an account or PW problem, not that the second user needed to be invited to the registration.

edit.
As pointed out below, there may be some intermediate steps (like in the confirm user step). But the major point is that you need to invite the person from your account, once you do, they acknowledge the invite, you confirm that and you can then add that account to your car from the car itself. Think of it as a normal sign up to an account where you have to confirm email, and they send you a code to your phone, etc. All very straightforward.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
This was discussed before and I don't remember if I saw a resolution, but after trying many times and failing, I finally figured it out.

1. Have that user setup a Porsche ID online (e.g. email address with a password).
2. It is rumored that it is best to not have a pw with 8 characters (9 or 10 is better), but I have not confirmed that. Mine is 9 characters.
3. Go to the vehicle owners account online (not in the IOS app).
4. Go to the my vehicle tab.
5. Click on the picture of your car.
6. Scroll down to see "Manage your secondary users"
7. Click on add user. That will send the new user an invite to your car.
8. Have them click on that invite and do the confirmation.
9. Have them log into Porsche online and they should now see the car added. They need to set up a 4 digit vehicle password (although they can ignore that later).
10. Go to the car and set up a new account with their Porsche ID and that password from step 2. For this step, start the car with the second key if you want the account info linked to that second key.

It sounds like a lot but it is not. It took me 3 minutes once I figured it out.
My mistake was that I originally did not do steps 3-9. I though the error I was getting was an account or PW problem, not that the second user needed to be invited to the registration.
I had the same problem trying to get my wife’s settings on the second key, luckily my dealership checked and sent me another setup link for the second user. Apparently, I was the first person that had asked about this!!!

esortho

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There might be a step 8.5: "Confirm secondary account".
I had to approve/confirm the account in the "Manage your secondary users" section after the secondary user had clicked and confirmed. Before I did that, the car didn't show up in their app.

OP
OP

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There might be a step 8.5: "Confirm secondary account".
I had to approve/confirm the account in the "Manage your secondary users" section after the secondary user had clicked and confirmed. Before I did that, the car didn't show up in their app.
Yeah. That is all part of the setup process. A text is sent and you need to enter the code.

esortho

First Name
Soren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah. That is all part of the setup process. A text is sent and you need to enter the code.
Yes but I as Primary User had to confirm again before the secondary account could actually access the car :) perhaps they've removed that setup. Reason I know is that it didn't work on our secondary account for several weeks, the car was there but no data got collected.Probably a bug in the approval, meaning I had to re-confirm several times but it never worked.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I can’t seem to find the add secondary user. Is this available in the uk? Anyone tried it yet?

OP
OP

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I can’t seem to find the add secondary user. Is this available in the uk? Anyone tried it yet?
It is on the page that says "details about this vehicle" then has a picture of car of the left and info about the car on the right.
Then scroll down about halfway and look on the left for "Manage Secondary Users"

Of course, this may not be the same or enabled in the UK, but i don't see why it wouldn't.

Mbgt72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Just wanted to tell you thanks for this post. Followed your instructions and got the second account set up no problem. The dealer wasn't much help understanding the 2nd key vs 2nd profile. So it was great to see this and get it set up.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the secondary user added. When my secondary user attempts to use her Porsche ID on the MyPorsche app to check status of EA charging stations and/or initiate charging, the app gives an error message that the secondary account needs to sign up for Porsche Charging service.

Anyone know how to give secondary user access to Porsche's EA charging service?

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have the secondary user added. When my secondary user attempts to use her Porsche ID on the MyPorsche app to check status of EA charging stations and/or initiate charging, the app gives an error message that the secondary account needs to sign up for Porsche Charging service.

Anyone know how to give secondary user access to Porsche's EA charging service?
I don’t think it‘s possible. I have to let my wife use my account for her app.

Porcupine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Thank you so much, OP, for posting this guide! I found it through Google and it's just saved me considerable frustration and a visit to the dealer.
Sponsored