Aftermarket Steering Wheel throwing error codes?

OP
OP
PCASSOO

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for asking Frozenberries.
I don't actually I had all the Codes Cleared except for the horn still not working and limited Power steering.
Porsche had my car for 6 days and cleared the Power Steering code but couldn't get the horn working still.
Dealership said we need to put the factory wheel back in bcz the Trained Taycan Shop Forman couldn't figure it out?
They tried handing me a $510 bill but I said you want me to pay for something that wasn't fixed still?
I took it back to my Business Partner who I'm making the Taycan Products for and he had it fixed in less than 5 minutes.
The after market wheel must have had a little deeper inside bcz a plate wasn't making contact he bent it a beep beep...
Everything is working Great now. Thank God
My buddies brain works way different than mine. Lol
Wait till you see the Jack Pads we're making for our cars.
Every Porsche Owner should have at least One or Two.
Seriously, I've had two rear flats already and without my Jack Pad I would have been screwed. Here's what it looks like.

Porsche Taycan Aftermarket Steering Wheel throwing error codes? 20230105_164106
Sponsored

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I remember this thread when it was first started, and I immediately thought of Al Czervik at Bushwood CC. Bit of a culture clash.

OP
OP
PCASSOO

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
Just wanted to give an update on the aftermarket Steering wheel. 8 months later and everything is just Great. No other codes have come up and Loving the Steering wheel...
The codes weren't from the Steering wheel it was from me popping the Clock Spring behind the Steering wheel.
So everything is great now.

Raymond Wever

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7 ( 4 )-VW Transporter 6.1 ( Bulli )-VW Buggy-Ferrari 458 ( Italia )-Alfa SZ-Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Has anyone else had a problem with your car throwing codes when you put on a after market steering wheel?
Thanks David aka PORSCHE_PCASSOO

IMG_20221107_073745_113.jpg
the most ugly steering wheel i have ever seen

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
Porsche had my car for 6 days and cleared the Power Steering code but couldn't get the horn working still.
Dealership said we need to put the factory wheel back in bcz the Trained Taycan Shop Forman couldn't figure it out?
Was the dealership Niello Porsche in Rocklin by chance ? I didn't get my Taycan there, but they are the closest Porsche dealership to me. I've enjoyed reading your troubleshooting steps and solutions.. Thanks for sharing.