Jamieh

First Name
JH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S 2022
Country flag
Considering upgrading the default leather steering wheel for the race tex. Curious if the parts and labor is worth it for those that have (or better still for those that upgraded)
Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I think it’s mostly a preference issue. My wife prefers leather. I prefer RaceTex (at least, so far; I’m only a little over 20k miles in on the RaceTex, so we’ll how it holds up over more time). I think either can degrade without proper care.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Big fan of racetex/alcantara. Love it :)

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
That’s one thing I’d like to upgrade for my Taycan as well. I haven’t found a trusted upgrade path that’s as good as the original offering other than the very expensive whole steering wheel replacement. I’m interested in other’s experiences as well.

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Considering upgrading the default leather steering wheel for the race tex. Curious if the parts and labor is worth it for those that have (or better still for those that upgraded)
Thanks in advance
I’ve had Race Tex /Alcantara wheels in the past and I’m not a fan. Can get grubby quite quickly and feel very uncomfortable to me but it’s a personal thing.

Neil63

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT4, 2017 Volvo Polestar, March Apache 86S, Taycan
Country flag
I have racetex on my race cars, my Taycan and on my prior two Porsches. I much prefer it to hard leather. With racetex, use a lighter grip. If you have a very firm grip go with conventional leather.

PCASSOO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan
Country flag
Just remember when you remove the Steering wheel it will set off the Air Bag Code on the car.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
I went leather free when I ordered my 4S as thought if you are already saving the planet with an EV you might as well save a cow as well. I think the Race-Tex is OK, but would not order it again. As for the steering wheel I hated the alcantara steering wheel so much UI had it removed and had leather put on. (Half of the cost of replacing the steering wheel.). I just kept the little 12 o‘clock portion on the steering wheel in alcantara.
Sponsored