PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Update: Waiting well over an hour with the key fob away from the car I was able to go out and just close the trunk and hit the fob lock button and it locked and no alarm, Going to test it more today,

I did mess around with the panic button (after reading some 911 post) and not sure if maybe it was depressed? I had tested with the second key, but might have had the other in my pocket.
Sponsored

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you optioned the Porsche Vehicle Tracking System, you can try service mode or transport mode as a temporary solution.
Porsche Taycan Alarm keeps going off F76A4FCE-4DF6-402F-923D-3E70DB2DE8BB

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I do not have the vehicle tracking.

The solution was evidently to leave the hood unlatched and not lock the car and let it go to sleep for an hour (I think mine was 2 hours before I went back out).

I went out, pushed the hood closed and locked it. No alarm going off. Evidently solved.

The only other thing I had done was change my key battery. I did clean it off and thought maybe I pressed the panic button and it was "stuck" pressed. I did mess around with it and made sure it was clicking freely.

Chalk it up to just needing to go to sleep (aka reboot?).

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just to revisit this thread, after getting the fix from my local dealer back in April I've never had another issue since.

Cdeedee

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I do not have the vehicle tracking.

The solution was evidently to leave the hood unlatched and not lock the car and let it go to sleep for an hour (I think mine was 2 hours before I went back out).

I went out, pushed the hood closed and locked it. No alarm going off. Evidently solved.

The only other thing I had done was change my key battery. I did clean it off and thought maybe I pressed the panic button and it was "stuck" pressed. I did mess around with it and made sure it was clicking freely.

Chalk it up to just needing to go to sleep (aka reboot?).

just happened to me two days ago. 2020 taycan with all updates applied for a few months now, no pending recalls.

Car has been sitting in dealer lot for two days waiting for a technician to even begin to look at it. Did you take your car to a dealer? Has the issue returned?

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
just happened to me two days ago. 2020 taycan with all updates applied for a few months now, no pending recalls.

Car has been sitting in dealer lot for two days waiting for a technician to even begin to look at it. Did you take your car to a dealer? Has the issue returned?
I did not take it to the dealer and the problem did not return. I am not sure if the panic button was stuck on my key, or if leaving the hood open for 2 hours and the car going to sleep solved it or not.

That being said, my car is at the dealer as I got the red electrical error that bricks the car. Waiting on Germany to connect to the car and see if they can diagnose. Other members had this issue and it was the HV battery.

Cdeedee

First Name
CD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I did not take it to the dealer and the problem did not return. I am not sure if the panic button was stuck on my key, or if leaving the hood open for 2 hours and the car going to sleep solved it or not.

That being said, my car is at the dealer as I got the red electrical error that bricks the car. Waiting on Germany to connect to the car and see if they can diagnose. Other members had this issue and it was the HV battery.
yikes, sometimes I think it’s better to not read the forums, I’ve been driving my 4s in sweet ignorant bliss for 1.5 years. Now I’m worried about bricking. Anyone have catastrophic failure/bricking while driving? I use this as daily driver and tote the kids around all the time …

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
yikes, sometimes I think it’s better to not read the forums, I’ve been driving my 4s in sweet ignorant bliss for 1.5 years. Now I’m worried about bricking. Anyone have catastrophic failure/bricking while driving? I use this as daily driver and tote the kids around all the time …
I came out Saturday morning to go somewhere and found the red electrical error. There were some posts about it happening while driving, but that was quite a while ago and I think they fixed it (going from memory).

I have messaged some members and sounds like faulty battery cells, HV charger, and/or the HV battery.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Wife went out today to run errands, at one point she called and said she could no longer lock the Taycan without the alarm going off instantly. The car had the alarm update and uPdate done back in September. This is the first time we have had the alarm issue since the fix was installed. When she got home we opened all the doors, frunk and rear hatch. Alarm would instantly trigger when you locked it. Left the car unlocked and let it sit for ~4 hours, and it's fine now. Double beeps when locking and hasn't gone off again. So something got unhappy. I was going to pull the 12v battery terminal and try rebooting the car. Glad the let it sit, reset everything. Hopefully this is a one and done. We have a call into the dealer and will see what they say.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wife went out today to run errands, at one point she called and said she could no longer lock the Taycan without the alarm going off instantly. The car had the alarm update and uPdate done back in September. This is the first time we have had the alarm issue since the fix was installed. When she got home we opened all the doors, frunk and rear hatch. Alarm would instantly trigger when you locked it. Left the car unlocked and let it sit for ~4 hours, and it's fine now. Double beeps when locking and hasn't gone off again. So something got unhappy. I was going to pull the 12v battery terminal and try rebooting the car. Glad the let it sit, reset everything. Hopefully this is a one and done. We have a call into the dealer and will see what they say.
I had the same thing happen. The second you locked the car, the alarm triggered.
I unlocked the frunk and let it be popped open slightly and left the car unlocked for an hour. Came back and everything worked fine.

hatpick

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
It just started happening to me, I dropped it off at service center, will report if they figured it out on Monday

Cowtownhusker

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4S CT, 2022 LR D110, 1989 LR D90
Country flag
Ditto. 2023 ct4s. 2 weeks into ownership, same issue. Left it unlocked at work and issue resolved.

hatpick

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Ditto. 2023 ct4s. 2 weeks into ownership, same issue. Left it unlocked at work and issue resolved.
Mine still at service center, seems like they haven't figure it out yet. I'm thinking I made a mistake taking it in, should have left it unlocked like you folks did.
Sponsored