T4YC4N

First Name
VB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, BMW 730, Mini
Country flag
I just wanted to hear from fellow members in respect to Andersen EV and their delivery / fitting times? Having spoken to them they quote 5 to 6 weeks, is this accurate?

Is this the charger to go for or would you suggest anything else.? In terms of looks, it certainly is head and shoulders above the alternatives out there,.
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I just wanted to hear from fellow members in respect to Andersen EV and their delivery / fitting times? Having spoken to them they quote 5 to 6 weeks, is this accurate?

Is this the charger to go for or would you suggest anything else.? In terms of looks, it certainly is head and shoulders above the alternatives out there,.
just curious, why isn't the charger that comes with the car sufficient?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
just curious, why isn't the charger that comes with the car sufficient?
Lead time is correct (they're busy).

I had them install a dedicated 32A run from my fuse box and connect up my PMCC. The chap drove from South Shields to Aberdeen (!!) to do it - he and the job were 1st class.

Didn't opt for the Andersen charger as I got the PMCC free with the car (rather than PMC+) so the economics were in my favour (including no grant on the PMCC).

If I were installing outside I would most definitely get the Andersen unit - it is the pick of the bunch.

Remember, these 'chargers' don't actually charge (the car does this and controls it) but manage a safe and constant supply to the car.

If you have a PMCC and are installing inside then I wouldn't choose a different charger, no point in doing so.

If installing outside, want a discrete unit but don't have a PMCC then I'd go with Andersens - they look tremendous and have thought about everything.
Sponsored