RSouthern

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS and several others and 2 MCs
Country flag
Wondering if others are experiencing a problem with Android Auto wireless sudden disconnects. It will just suddenly disconnect when using navigation and playing back an MP3 from the phone's onboard storage. The Android Auto icon on the screen (Porsche) will disappear although the phone appears to retain a bluetooth connection to the car. After a few minutes the Android Auto icon on the screen reappears but is gray. I can then tap it and it'll reconnect and continue from where it left off.

I'm running Android 13 on a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. I think the Porsche is on all the latest software.

Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Wondering if others are experiencing a problem with Android Auto wireless sudden disconnects. It will just suddenly disconnect when using navigation and playing back an MP3 from the phone's onboard storage. The Android Auto icon on the screen (Porsche) will disappear although the phone appears to retain a bluetooth connection to the car. After a few minutes the Android Auto icon on the screen reappears but is gray. I can then tap it and it'll reconnect and continue from where it left off.

I'm running Android 13 on a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. I think the Porsche is on all the latest software.

Anyone else have this issue?
Not had this issue but also not a heavy user of AA either . I use an S9+.

You could try deleting the device phone and re-pairing.

tomw00

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS P510e, i3S,Turbo
Country flag
I used AA a lot and haven't noticed this. How are you connecting? Although wireless works I use a USB connection and disable the wireless interface on the phone. This has the advantage of keeping my phone charged. I have a Samsung Galaxy S21

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
We use Android Auto but have not seen this issue. We are using a Galaxy fold 5 and Galaxy flip 5.

OP
OP
RSouthern

RSouthern

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, it happened again on the way home. It just drops the AA connection to the car and starts playing whatever it was playing last (which happened to be MP3s on a thumbdrive connected in the center console). I was able to see that bluetooth stayed connected, according to the phone. One the car's screen the AA icon was gray and when I pressed it, went to a no devices available, connect a device, then in a few minutes, showing my phone but grayed out, then evenutally automatically connecting back to the phone and resuming as if there had been no interruption. I can't tell is this is a phone issue or a car issue. A bit frustrating since it's also random - it didn't happen on the drive in but did on the drive home after about 25 mins of driving.

I have to take the car back to the dealer on Friday for some other things, so I'll mention it to them then.

I appreciate the responses, sounds like maybe not a lot of folks reading this forum are using AA wirelessly (maybe more Apple folks here I guess?)

PTProspect

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jaguar I-Pace; 2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the same phone and this issue happens to me both when using AA wirelessly and when connected.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I actually have the opposite experience 🤣

Joking aside

I mean that native Spotify will sometimes stop out during a trip (cell coverage? - not likely. It's too often) and switch to AA. I have to keep manually switching it back from AA back to Native like every 5 min sometimes. Lately I just accept it and hit the AA play button (because it switches but doesn't continue the song because AA and native kinda fight each other "Song is being played on another device")

I suspect in the OP case it might be some WiFi interference. Phone usually connects through Bluetooth and then negotiates a WiFi connection. It could be dropping out.

OP
OP
RSouthern

RSouthern

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I suspect in the OP case it might be some WiFi interference. Phone usually connects through Bluetooth and then negotiates a WiFi connection. It could be dropping out.
I am the OP :) but I'm very certain that it's not wifi taking over since I haven't enabled the wifi hotspot in the P-car and separately have my phone set to not join any wifi unless I specify it. I've used the same phone (and same Android version) very successfully in my wife's 2020 BMW X7 in the last month for much longer drives, like SJ to SFO and back on multiple occasions to pick up family (including AA wireless navigation on the HUD - but don't get me started on why Porsche can't make that work). Regardless, the Note 5G Ultra phone is completely stable on the X7 so there's something that Porsche is or isn't doing that BMW isn't or is (does that cover all the options :) )

It's likely software if others have had the same problem and swapping out hardware will be frustrating since the problem will continue. Something is crashing in the communication stack running on the P-car's radio, probably a daemon controlling the Android Auto process, so I would assume there are stack traces somewhere in there that a Porsche dev could look through to see what process in the daemon dumped and what it was trying to do at the time. I somehow doubt a dealer is going to be able to help there though. Wish it was a bit more open so we could take a look if we were so inclined.

>>> If a Porsche Dev is reading this message, reach out to me and I'd be happy to help troubleshoot this with you - this sort of thing used to be my day job <<<
Sponsored

Last edited: