OP
abrookesuk

abrookesuk

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 - blt Jun 3, dealer 22 Jun, del me 29..
Country flag
Well the harness is now allegedly coming from Spain
Sponsored

Seacow

First Name
Sea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT
Country flag
Well I heard back today that Porsche have confirmed a build slot but don’t have a date right now - apparently they are trying to pull dates forward but in limbo until they confirm - sounds inconsistent with some of the other experiences on here

OP
OP
abrookesuk

abrookesuk

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 - blt Jun 3, dealer 22 Jun, del me 29..
Country flag
Seems like it’s a voodoo type process - the will of the gods and prevailing winds. Essentially I have given up asking as I get the feeling from the dealership I am annoying them, I should sit back and wait for the call that says my car is there! After 7 Porsche’s this is the worst experience I have encountered. Yes I get all the points about supply chain issues but simple communication is not too much to ask, surely?

daveb3473

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I am in the UK with a 4CT on order (well Ive paid my £5k deposit) from 1st March 22, from Porsche Bristol. At the time, they said Q1 23 which was fine- about 12 months to wait and a MY23 car. Not heard a thing since, but to be fair they did tell me that they would go quiet, apart from the odd Porsche Newsletter. Is there any tracker out there which shows current order to allocation to build start times? It would be good to see?

The dealer also said that all dealers have the same lead times and allocations are performed centrally at UK level. Not sure I buy this, but did ring round a few dealers out of the Dick Lovett group and got the same response. This was of course before Ukraine....

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
The dealer also said that all dealers have the same lead times...
They might have similar lead times for receiving their allocation of build slots, but I believe they get to choose which customer they allow to take that slot...they might pick the one who's had their deposit down longest, or someone who's just walked through the door with a deposit, or their favourite or most valued customer...
Also, the allocation a dealer receives in a particular allocation cycle could be zero, and is likely less than their waiting list (especially as demonstrators and showroom cars come out of their allocation).
I had the opportunity to get an identical spec built at least 6 months earlier at one dealer than at another.

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
My (was Feb, now March) build is now in the UK, hopefully being PDId...

Last 1-2 week wait I hope!

EngieTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
To clarify, the salesman only recommended the RWD after I told him / he sensed I am not really into fast cars and all the extra functionality the 4S brings will probably be lost on me !. My personal preference is to spend as little money as possible but I know it will be false economy to go for the standard interior if it looks cheap and very inferior to the full leather.

Re the configured car, once I was not getting the more expensive 4S, I let the sales man guide me to through the options and we came up with http://www.porsche-code.com/PNFG1UJ3 . I am comfortable with the total cost but will like people's opinion on the Sports Chrono package and PDLS Plus options, are they worth the extra money ?
this is exactly the same spec as me, can I be cheeky and ask what your monthly payments are? I'm on 10k miles at just over £1k a month (£5k deposit).
cheers

Nuttyatco

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I'm Still waiting on an allocation, i put my deposit down in November of last year. Just wondering if there's anyone here using the Exeter Porsche dealership? Be good to exchange experiences re ordering allocation etc.
Hi Dan, I ordered a 4SCT last Aug with Exeter Porsche. Initially told Q1 2022 for delivery, then pushed back to Q2 when I went into the showroom to finalise the order and sign on the dotted line in Sept (although deposit paid in Aug). My CT has quite a few extras. I was told I was third on the list for an allocation at the start of the year and given a build date of late May on 15/02/22. Of course since then we have had production shut down and re-started but at a reduced rate. No news from the dealer re new build date, but I shall give him a nudge early next month. I have found that I need to contact him for news/updates etc rather than the other way round, but the answer is always prompt, which hasn’t always been the case with dealerships from other manufacturers. My first experience with Porsche and so far it has been ok.

Lord Cartilage

First Name
Seun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Good day , I am putting down a bigger deposit when the car arrives so the monthly payment is lower , estimated at just over £600 monthly (PCP) . I think it is 10K miles too
Sponsored