Rob_UK

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’ve found the PCM Apple Music app quite unreliable. Following the most recent uPdate general reliability has improved but I now get the following error every now and again: please select a track from the list. If I select a new track it plays for 2-3 seconds before the error appears and the music stops. Has anyone else had this error and found a way to resolve without a PCM reset?
Sponsored

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
I have same thing. (even before the update) - tried many different configs including terminal 20 reset.
Nothing is fixing it - Podcast does work but not Music, any tracks.
And then it comes back for few days then stop again to work - I have good to really good cell reception....
Stop to use it and use same music library from iPhone of the air not issue works all the time while integrated does not.
An other promise that Porsche is struggling to deliver - no big deal to me as I use apple-car 99% of the time.

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
I constantly got the error prior to the uPdate, but now it is rare. Pre uPdate, I was able to get relief by subscribing to the WiFi Hotspot, which also provides high speed data to the Apple Music function. When my trial period ended, the error came back. Almost to the day.

IMO, the car needs a much higher speed cellular connection (or WiFi) as standard. There's just not enough bandwidth for all the functions and background updates. It would be so nice to download updates in my garage on WiFi or pre buffer music before heading out.
Sponsored