JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think it may have more to do with the current dealer model. With the movement to all EV's and their low maintenance requirements with the resulting reduced needs for service calls, and the huge overhead of the current dealer model, something has to give.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think it may have more to do with the current dealer model. With the movement to all EV's and their low maintenance requirements with the resulting reduced needs for service calls, and the huge overhead of the current dealer model, something has to give.
This makes a ton of sense. I'd love to go to a "Porsche store" to look around and maybe buy some stuff without having to feel awkward as to whether I am or am not about to be approached by a sales rep wondering what I'm doing there and/or dodging cars as they go into the service bay. The automotive revolution continues...

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My dealer already looks like that and offers a stress-free no-sale pressure learning environment.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer already looks like that and offers a stress-free no-sale pressure learning environment.
Wonder why they're investing all this money to create these then? I'm a first-time Porsche buyer, as many Taycan owners are also. While we're in an admittedly weird time for all sort of sales environments, my sales experience has so far been an unmitigated disaster. And when I do go there they don't know what to do with me because I'm on my third sales associate already, they missed my lock date and they don't know who I am. So while I would like to go look at Porsche stuff and learn more, I don't exactly feel warm and fuzzy at the dealer and I don't know that they're dying to have me just show up and look around. I'm not saying my experience is the norm, but perhaps they're looking to attract a new kind of buyer that isn't on their 5th Porsche already.
Sponsored