Artificial engine sound for exterior & interior

AllCovered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 BMW M2
Country flag
I won't miss having to gas up my car but I think I may miss hearing engine sounds. But I'm not sure I'd like to hear artificially generated engine sounds on the outside or inside either.

Do we know if the Tacyan will get any kind of artificial sound generation outside or inside?

Interesting article btw on how major manufacturers are approaching sound generation in electric cars: All about that bass: carmakers seek electric car sounds for post-petrol era
Sponsored

Viand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Still looking
I've never been a fan of pumping in fake sound from the speakers the way some current ICE vehicles do this but I can see why it is needed for EVs for safety and feedback. Since this is all invented sound and it is so personal to one's taste I wish they could let you select from a few sound choices. Too much to ask?

GratedWasabi

Banned
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan Turbo
Country flag
You will have the option to turn off internal sound. Rumor is it will sound a lot like the formula e cars.

External sound MUST be present at a certain decibel to a certain speed, at least in the states. I'm not sure what the exact numbers are.

TheSnape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta
Country flag
I won't miss having to gas up my car but I think I may miss hearing engine sounds. But I'm not sure I'd like to hear artificially generated engine sounds on the outside or inside either.

Do we know if the Tacyan will get any kind of artificial sound generation outside or inside?

Interesting article btw on how major manufacturers are approaching sound generation in electric cars: All about that bass: carmakers seek electric car sounds for post-petrol era
Potentially. Many still associate Porsche with the roar of a V8 or V6 engine, so not unreasonable to think that an artificial sound will be produced.

Depends on how good and how realistic the artifical sound is, though, I guess. I'm not opposed to having an artificial sound, as long as work has been done to make the artificial sound sound genuine

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Planning to buy a Tesla or a Bollinger next year
Country flag
External sound will be under government regulations.

Internal sounds should not just be there to sound like an ICE car, I have no preferred sounds, but I want they to give TRUE feedback to me as a driver. I want the sounds to match the power going to the wheels, hopefully a sound to how hard the brakes are (broken in two sounds for the regen vs the physical brakes) being applied and very quiet sound when cruising at a steady speed.

Earl Colby Pottinger (Tesla, Bollinger, Rivian and other BEVs fan)

PAG_J1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No information
Country flag
There will be two sound types.
One from the government regulations (which every low speeding BEV has) and one more emotional.
If you're interested I have more informations on that point (think I might have the sound file). Can't leak them but maybe tell you more about the volumen (dB...).

M.K.

2017 911 GTS
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS
Country flag
There will be two sound types.
One from the government regulations (which every low speeding BEV has) and one more emotional.
If you're interested I have more informations on that point (think I might have the sound file). Can't leak them but maybe tell you more about the volumen (dB...).
Yes please describe it. You're referring to external or internal sound?

Sure you can't share a small clip? ;)

SHY

First Name
Svein Harald
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ymr.no
Vehicles
Mercedes R-Class, Saab 9-5, Mac Minarelli X30 gokart
Country flag
Potentially. Many still associate Porsche with the roar of a V8 or V6 engine, so not unreasonable to think that an artificial sound will be produced.

Depends on how good and how realistic the artifical sound is, though, I guess. I'm not opposed to having an artificial sound, as long as work has been done to make the artificial sound sound genuine
Flat six :rolleyes:
Sponsored