B Pillar Interior Trim Piece

Sammy16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base
Country flag
Hello, has anyone else experienced the b pillar trim piece below the seatbelt dislodging? Since the door opening is so small it’s nearly impossible to not rub on it getting in and out which I think is the culprit. I’ve brought it to the dealership once and within a few days same issue.

Porsche Taycan B Pillar Interior Trim Piece 0621FE93-4B36-45B3-8F82-C0D03793DEEA
Sponsored

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I experience this all the time. It is very difficult (for me at least) not to rub against it when getting into the car. It should not be so easy to dislodge. The cover spends most of the time in the back seat.

OP
OP

Sammy16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base
Country flag
The car I test drove had the same issue. Thought it was a fluke. It’s a million times easier to get in and out without that piece attached. Definitely a design flaw.

TonO

First Name
Ton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
I have the same problem 👎 does anyone have a solution?

Last edited:

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I have the same problem 👎 does anyone have a solution?
Don't drag your body on it when entering/exiting car. ;)

For those who can't/won't: maybe adding felt or rubber to fastening tabs will make it more robust. I would suggest something stronger (panelbond!) but then it may never come off unless broken off.

OP
OP

Sammy16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Base
Country flag

For those who can't/won't: maybe adding felt or rubber to fastening tabs will make it more robust. I would suggest something stronger (panelbond!) but then it may never come off unless broken off.
Shorter people typically don’t have that issue…

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Shorter people typically don’t have that issue…
True. I'm 6'3" no issues.
I'm also 6' 3" (1.9 m) and have no issues. To get out, I swing both feet out and plant them on the ground. It's too difficult for me to get out by swinging just one foot out because the car's too low to the ground.

TonO

First Name
Ton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag

😂

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car had this same issue on delivery, it happened on my passenger side and I presume no one had sat in it. Turned out to be faulty clips on the trim panel. Fixed under warranty.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Anyone know if race-tex versions can be bought as spare parts? I've found the b pillar is one of the most noticeable plastic pieces in the cabin, if reasonably cheap replacement parts are available I'd consider making it race-tex

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Anyone know if race-tex versions can be bought as spare parts? I've found the b pillar is one of the most noticeable plastic pieces in the cabin, if reasonably cheap replacement parts are available I'd consider making it race-tex
Maybe but I was advised by the dealer to drop racetex trimmed B pillar from my order because it was marked as indefinite delay on their spreadsheet.

This thread has made me think I’ll take my car to the trim shop which trims the Formula 1 race seats and get it done independently when my car eventually comes.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
Maybe but I was advised by the dealer to drop racetex trimmed B pillar from my order because it was marked as indefinite delay on their spreadsheet.

This thread has made me think I’ll take my car to the trim shop which trims the Formula 1 race seats and get it done independently when my car eventually comes.
Yeah I've thought of doing the same. Or in the headliner material since I didn't get the race tex headliner. Especially if that's more durable
Sponsored