oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
I think the color and the HUD was the only news in that video. No view of the frunk to see if it has more room than in the 4s.
Sponsored

Passornot

First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
I really think the base model is focus in China market, I didn't find any information about it in Porsche website. The color frozenberry, also looks like to attract entry level customer and ladies. Taycan in China is more expensive than US and Europe and 4s model doesn't sold well. The base model spec is far reduced, 5.3s 0-100 and no air suspension in default... 4s is much better.

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
I kind of dislike Porsche and their owner Volkswagen company have such focus and priority on China, especially these days. I find it rather disrespectful that other countries which have been their main customer for several decades, have to wait for the latest news and options. Heaven forbid Porsche ever opens a factory in PRC. Mercedes did, and I left them. To be a Porsche, the craftsmanship and engineering must be German all the way through - quality first always!

Last edited:

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Porsche is still backed up on orders for what they currently offer elsewhere, so there's not a lot of reason to offer a cheaper model. I wish there was a GTS model now, but those are added at the end of a model's life.

OP
OP
Dee

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I kind of dislike Porsche and their owner Volkswagen company have such focus and priority on China, especially these days. I find it rather disrespectful that other countries which have been their main customer for several decades, have to wait for the latest news and options. Heaven forbid Porsche ever opens a factory in PRC. Mercedes did, and I left them. To be a Porsche, the craftsmanship and engineering must be German all the way through - quality first always!
Porsche AG and Volkswagen AG are both owned by Porsche SE.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_SE

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Porsche AG and Volkswagen AG are both owned by Porsche SE.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_SE
Just to be more precise, what the linked article says (and it's consistent with my understanding) is that Porsche SE *owns* 31.4% of the total 'subscribed capital' of Volkswagen AG, but has *control* of VAG in that their shares carry majority (53.3%) voting rights.

https://www.porsche-se.com/en/company/holding-structure

(not sure why there's a small discrepancy between the numbers in the Wikipedia article and the numbers on the Porsche SE website).

There is a separate agreement between Porsche SE and VAG that places VW executives in control of Porsche AG, so day-to-day control really sits with VAG.

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Considering you are in Norway according to your account flag why did you leave Mercedes....? And would leave Porsche if they have a PRC factory...? Considering the cars made in the PRC are solely for the PRC market since it makes these cars much cheaper to produce and lower taxes and duties....... and it makes ZERO difference to what the two brands produce in other parts of the world...... in quality or otherwise...... And having been in MANY Mercedes’ produced in china I can vouch for that the quality is impeccable.

swebbs850

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M240i Conv; Jaguar E-Pace; Landrover Series 2A
Country flag
Waiting for this to be available in the Uk

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Considering you are in Norway according to your account flag why did you leave Mercedes....? And would leave Porsche if they have a PRC factory...? Considering the cars made in the PRC are solely for the PRC market since it makes these cars much cheaper to produce and lower taxes and duties....... and it makes ZERO difference to what the two brands produce in other parts of the world...... in quality or otherwise...... And having been in MANY Mercedes’ produced in china I can vouch for that the quality is impeccable.
First of all, I posted my statement because I mean to much of world production moves to China – which I am much against. Firstly it´s about PRC lack of human rights, secondly because communism and totalitarian closed regime, thirdly because lost jobs in Europe an USA when production are moved to China. I cannot and I will not turn away from those three facts. Less and less is produced in the west, and what was cheap before, will be more expensive tomorrow when PRC have the majority and power of most production.

With lost jobs in the west, there is reduced purchasing power. It boils down to what each one of us will do to prevent this factor, and not only go for the cheapest option or solution. In my opinion that’s selfish and will bite us in the butt in the end. I believe it is of most importance to keep jobs locally or nationally if possible, and support job force in Europe and USA, all democratic regime and with a trustable justice system. PRC is not comparable.

The reason why I go hard towards car factories in PRC is compound and is not about Mercedes being a worse than other car builders. They are not. I have had various German cars for over 30 years and Mercedes S-Class for 18 years of these, and Tesla in the last two. I posted my point of view simply because I believe we are heading in the wrong direction. Also, I want to be able to have a choice where my items are made. Soon there is none, and it definitely should be also in the future decades to come.

The main thing I left Mercedes, was when the CEO claimed they had made the new headlight especially for China and the three foundation stones of their main ideology. That provoked me, as Mercedes basically grown by customer from the rest of the world. Later years when China has grown, more and more companies bow to communism for their own benefit. To me that’s no music in my ears, on the contrary the opposite.

I don’t mind that some vehicles are made in CRP, for the Chinese market. Neither do I claim Mercedes or other car brand are bad or low quality. Not even if Porsche opened a factory in China. People may choose whatever they want. However when made in CRP, the quality will undoubtedly be lower than made in Germany – no question about it. Having said that, manufactories have follow up, but lack of quality control is a fact in PRC. I therefore disagree the statement that CRP production is equal to Germany quality, design or art of engineering.

Porsche have several times been requested to open a factory in China, but declined. That I applaud indeed. Would I buy a Porsche made in China? Absolutely not. Would I buy a Porsche made in Germany, if they had a factory in PRC? Perhaps, as long mine is made in Europe. As a matter fact, country of origin was one of my main criteria before ordering the Taycan. If I buy a German car it should be made in Germany, and if I choose an American car it should be made in the USA. Thats important to me, unless, it has less value.

Before I bought my Porsche, I wrote Mayk Wienkoetter at Product Line Taycan & E-Mobility at Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, and got the requested information I needed before purchasing. That service I indeed appreciated.The battery from LG are produced in Poland, the lovely screen in South-Korea, and the rest mostly made and mounted and in Germany. I can't rule out there are some parts that come from china. However, that is not the point - my concern is the overall problem, mentioned above.

For me, Porsche is German and must be for all years to come - nothing more, and nothing less :rock:
That´s all, and I respect others might have another opinion. Peace!

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
FB_IMG_1593437396566.jpg

Price: approx 77% of 4S = $82K USD
Power: 408 HP (476 HP with battery plus)
Range: 414 (489) km
Performance: 0-100kph 5.4s
Top Speed: 230 kph

More info:
https://auto.sina.cn/newcar/j/2020-06-29/detail-iircuyvk1040757.d.html
Interesting: 888000 is the super lucky number! They will sell like hot cakes here!

https://origin-as-www.porsche.com/china/en/models/taycan/taycan-models/

Also have all the options including the larger battery! New option I have never seen and I would like to have on my 4S: "Adaptive Cruise Control including Traffic Jam Assist" and "Active Parking Support"! Now the whole lineup looks much better!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
All German brands have Chinese factories. If Porsche opens one up, then you will move on to Suzuki?

I recently bought DJI drone and then a handheld video camera. The quality from package to all parts for the product is beyond what I see from phones like Samsung and Apple. I was so impressed. Car manufacturers have also made huge quality gains over the past decade and can compete globally.

China is the largest market for VW brands, Mercedes and BMW. They have to make money to compete, otherwise they will disappear, which is also not in your interest, isn't it?

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
All German brands have Chinese factories. If Porsche opens one up, then you will move on to Suzuki?

I recently bought DJI drone and then a handheld video camera. The quality from package to all parts for the product is beyond what I see from phones like Samsung and Apple. I was so impressed. Car manufacturers have also made huge quality gains over the past decade and can compete globally.

China is the largest market for VW brands, Mercedes and BMW. They have to make money to compete, otherwise they will disappear, which is also not in your interest, isn't it?
You missed the point! Those companies sure don't make money on the new developed Wuhan virus. It has surprisingly a great build though . . .

Last edited:

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I spoke to my Porsche salesman this morning and he seemed to think that this model is only for the far east and will not be launched in the UK. Then again I guess that is only speculation. I don't see why they wouldnt sell it here.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
"He said the all-new Taycan is an entry-level model and is expected to become the most popular version in its family, with deliveries to Chinese dealers expected to start in December."

"Porsche plans to set up more than 400 public premium changing piles in more than 60 cities by the end of 2021, which can charge batteries from 5-80 percent in 30 minutes."

"Porsche began deliveries of the Taycan Turbo S and Taycan Turbo in China in late April, and 80 percent of orders have been completed. The Taycan 4S is to be delivered soon."

Maybe I get one of the first batches. Excited!
Sponsored