deanbush

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I wanted to verify some information that I recently heard: Are many of the former options for the Taycan RWD (base model), for example, air suspension, now standard on the new 2025 models? I heard, in other words, that some of the standard features of the 4S, such as the air suspension, are now standard on the base model.
Sponsored

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I wanted to verify some information that I recently heard: Are many of the former options for the Taycan RWD (base model), for example, air suspension, now standard on the new 2025 models? I heard, in other words, that some of the standard features of the 4S, such as the air suspension, are now standard on the base model.
Yes
The new Taycans from 2025 ALL have Air suspension.

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
Things that I noticed that were previously standard on 4s but was not on RWD until now:

1- Air suspension
2- Aluminum door sill guards and trunk sill guards (standard was black plastic with RWD unless you paid for an upgrade which was stupid)

other things that were not standard in either 4s or RWD but now standard:

1- larger rear drive unit (as far as i can tell, now it is the same unit across the range, software tuned differently for different models)
2- drive mode selector (even when not equipped with s. Chrono package)
3- higher speed DC charging with 400V (eg tesla) chargers
4- ambient lighting
5- silver accents inside (previously $600 option), however black accents are now a $600 option😂
6- electric charge door covers.
7- range planner ($300 option previously)

These are the ones off the top of my head. May be missing some others.

ODC

First Name
Olivier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Out curiosity i was reproducing my Taycan ST on the facelift and while there are thing standard (air suspension, matrix LED, brushed alu door guards…) they also made more stuff to pay for. Some options (like learher, head beam assist…) they have split in several option that made it more expensive. Also it’s like Porsche made a study which options are most popular and kept them away from the standard package and made it a option (the black interior package for example).

One thing is for sure. Once you start selecting options (and there are even more option in the new generation ) you can get a very expensive car 😂

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
Ambient lighting was standard in 4S.
Yes I forgot about that. The other one that was standard in 4S but not in RWD was PDLS. Now seems to be standard in all. Automatic folding mirrors now also seems to be standard.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
PCarWhisperer on YouTube has a good new video of a RWD 2025 build for under $125k that goes over a lot of the changes, but this was a good summary of some of the changes and "upgrades" over the previous base car. He claims only a 1.2% price upgrade of you were to have optioned all of these on a previous .1 Taycan.

Porsche Taycan 2025 Taycan RWD Base Model 1000014666-01

OP
OP

deanbush

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Things that I noticed that were previously standard on 4s but was not on RWD until now:

1- Air suspension
2- Aluminum door sill guards and trunk sill guards (standard was black plastic with RWD unless you paid for an upgrade which was stupid)

other things that were not standard in either 4s or RWD but now standard:

1- larger rear drive unit (as far as i can tell, now it is the same unit across the range, software tuned differently for different models)
2- drive mode selector (even when not equipped with s. Chrono package)
3- higher speed DC charging with 400V (eg tesla) chargers
4- ambient lighting
5- silver accents inside (previously $600 option), however black accents are now a $600 option😂
6- electric charge door covers.
7- range planner ($300 option previously)

These are the ones off the top of my head. May be missing some others.
Thanks Eugene for taking the time to create this list! This is just what I was looking for.