First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi guys,

For some reason, the only 350kw Electrify America charging station in my area was bugged yesterday. I live in East Bay Area, and the EA charging station I am referring to is the San Francisco Premium Outlet charging station. The problem is, there are 10 physical charging stations at that location, but on either the Porsche Connect App or the Charging NA app, there is only 1 station is being shown on the app. I have talked to the Porsche support team and the lady answering my phone, she seems to know nothing at all about what is going on with this issue. I also took a visit at the local dealership but I was told just call EA customer support each time before I charge.

So in order to identify either this is my personal problem with my devices or it is a general bug for all Porsche EV drivers, any Bay area drivers could do me a favor just search this charging station on your phone and see if you have this problem or not. (Folks from other places can also check this out by scrolling all the way to the East Bay area and the charging station is at San Francisco Premium Outlet)

I have also attached some screenshots showing this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Porsche Taycan Bay Area folks, could you help me check this charging station image2
Porsche Taycan Bay Area folks, could you help me check this charging station image0
Porsche Taycan Bay Area folks, could you help me check this charging station image1

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Hi guys,

For some reason, the only 350kw Electrify America charging station in my area was bugged yesterday. I live in East Bay Area, and the EA charging station I am referring to is the San Francisco Premium Outlet charging station. The problem is, there are 10 physical charging stations at that location, but on either the Porsche Connect App or the Charging NA app, there is only 1 station is being shown on the app. I have talked to the Porsche support team and the lady answering my phone, she seems to know nothing at all about what is going on with this issue. I also took a visit at the local dealership but I was told just call EA customer support each time before I charge.

So in order to identify either this is my personal problem with my devices or it is a general bug for all Porsche EV drivers, any Bay area drivers could do me a favor just search this charging station on your phone and see if you have this problem or not. (Folks from other places can also check this out by scrolling all the way to the East Bay area and the charging station is at San Francisco Premium Outlet)

I have also attached some screenshots showing this issue.

Thanks in advance!

image2.jpg
image0.png
image1.png
I see the same on my Charging NA app, only station 10 seems to be usable from the app. Interestingly, the Taycan in the pic above is charging on station 8. Maybe using Plug and Charge, which doesn't require use of an app to start the session?

OP
OP
hwillz1227

hwillz1227

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I see the same on my Charging NA app, only station 10 seems to be usable from the app. Interestingly, the Taycan in the pic above is charging on station 8. Maybe using Plug and Charge, which doesn't require use of an app to start the session?
Thx for sharing, so i think this is a general problem for all drivers. This EA station was working just fine couple days ago and it just stopped showing the correct number of available charging stations since yesterday. And sadly my car is MY2020 so no plug&charge :(

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Working charging pumps have recently disappeared from another location that I regularly use. The Charging NA app has issues and I never understood why it is needed and they did not just let us use the EA app with some kind of credit.

The good news is that if the charging station is working, you can call EA to initiate a free session for you even if the Charging NA app does not show the station.
Sponsored