SKT-RKT

First Name
Stephane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 335xdrive, Taycan 4S Cross-Turismo
Country flag
Just curious what settings/modes people here are using to have the car drift in the snow. First winter with my 4SCT and haven't experimented too much yet as winter just beginning here in Canada. So far Gravel mode doesn't seem to let the rear end come loose as easy I'd like. Afraid to turn of the DSC completely as I don't want to lose control in a 5000 lb monster until I get in an empty parking lot one snowy night. Anyone do the winter driving experience with the Taycan?
Previously had a 335 xdrive which had a Dynamic Sport mode which was great for snow drifting. More power sent to the rear woth just enough slide but not full DSC off. Would love to re-create those controlled slides again.
Thx
Sponsored

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
It is a ton of fun sliding this car around in the snow! And it sounds great when you have high wheel/motor speeds at low vehicle speeds.

I will hold the PSM button to turn off completely for hooning in the snow. Hold 3s to turn off completely, 1s to just have PSM sport which allows some intervention. Gravel mode with PSM off might be a good setting. I have just left it in normal and I haven’t found starting in 2nd gear to have any detriment. Gravel is similar to sport mode I think at least in terms of starting in 1st.

Also fellow Canadian here. Just living in California and get to drive in the snow on weekends in Tahoe now.