Best Taycan entry point? Need your advice.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks SergeyIndy! It looks like the dealership just removed the listing since the transaction closes today but here's a pic that they snapped for me.

2020 Carrara White/Slate Grey Turbo with 14K miles, CPO until Aug 2026. Clean CarFax.

$170K sticker. Paid $105K + TTL. Car was originally sold by Porsche San Diego to a long-time client of theirs and then they re-purchased it from him in November-22, and it just sat and sat and sat and price was knocked down several times.

This is not exactly how I would have spec'ed a car if I were starting over but it's a very clean/elegant-looking spec and CPO and I just couldn't pass up the deal. Like I stated previously, I think a gently used Turbo is a great entry point and I hope to be a Taycan driver from here on out, and order a new one when the next generation comes out. I am very seriously hoping that this car doesn't ruin me for my 992 C4S manual coupe :)

As an aside, I have a Tesla L2 wall charger already in my home. I understand that I can use that with just an adaptor? Any idea how many miles of charge I can get per hour?

1685634270479.jpeg
Yes, you can use your Tesla Charger. Just get a Tesla Tap JDapter, $269 at Amazon. This one supports up to 80A. @daveo4EV has many posts on charging. Here is a one of his posts on the use of Tesla wall chargers both at home and while traveling.

Now if only Porsche would partner with Tesla on their Super Charger network a'la Ford :)

To answer the second part of your question - at 9.6kW you will get ~26 miles of charge per hour...

Last edited: