Heinekennut

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2015 Range Rover Sport, 1973 TR6
Country flag
I have the 4s and live in California. Is there a way to turn the beeping of the trunk off? Also, anyone else finding that the trunk will not close if you have anything more than a pair of flip flops close to the door? I am not sure where the sensors for the trunk are located but it gets frustrating putting a bag in the trunk, closing it using the button inside, walking to your door just to find the the trunk did dot like it and opened the trunk again.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Yes. Remove the trim from the lid and unplug the small speaker. I don't have an issue with it closing unless a large item is hanging over the edge/seal.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
As far as closing the lid when you have items that touch the inner lid lining, I have a little trick to make it work without fail: Use the old-school, tried-and-true method of using your hand to push the lid shut, thus lowering it manually without pressing any buttons.

When the lid reaches the correct position, the latch will soft-close the lid noticeably, and you're done!

It works every time!

...or if that's too simple or difficult, you can push the button, and then use your hand to apply a little downward pressure before the lid touches the loaded items. Then you will also have to listen to the beeping as the lid swings down.

Caveat: This presumes that you haven't completely overloaded the trunk to the level where the lid cannot physically close against the pressure of the items in the trunk.
Sponsored

Last edited: