andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Mclaren 570GT, Cayenne
Country flag
Im sure this must be a coincidence but I did a factory reset to attempt to fix something and straight after my brakes work fantastic. A bit on and off but really grippy. Before they never felt like they would stop me in an emergency. They are taking some getting used to though. Car has done 10,000 miles now snd on 21"s.
Could this be related?
Sponsored

amazing

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'99 540i, '20 Merc Sprinter 4x4, 21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You are saying your brakes didn't feel right from leaving the dealership and a factory reset helped the feel ? What exactly to you do to perform a factory reset?

My brakes had felt fine, but yesterday started to feel squishy. Am not sure if it's from too much spirited driving and the brake lines need to be bled, or something else.

OP
OP

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They didn't really feel wrong before but it felt like i was stopping a heavy vehicle, which of course it is.
They have gone back to They were before, which is fine.
My theory is, that it wasn't using the motors for breaking using tye brakes directlyinstead for that short period.
That of course be technically incorrect as Im not an expert. ?

You are saying your brakes didn't feel right from leaving the dealership and a factory reset helped the feel ? What exactly to you do to perform a factory reset?

My brakes had felt fine, but yesterday started to feel squishy. Am not sure if it's from too much spirited driving and the brake lines need to be bled, or something else.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There is a brake pedal calibration step. If you do a 12V disconnect, you will see a message asking you to complete this step, and there is some limited information about it in the Good To Know app. I wonder if there was a problem with your calibration and the factory reset fixed that...?

OP
OP

andyd

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sounds feasible.
There is a brake pedal calibration step. If you do a 12V disconnect, you will see a message asking you to complete this step, and there is some limited information about it in the Good To Know app. I wonder if there was a problem with your calibration and the factory reset fixed that...?

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Does this calibration mean that suddenly one day the feeling of the brakes changes? Or is it a gradual calibration over time?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't really know what the calibration affects - only that there is a step required after the vehicle loses 12V. It's related to the pedal position.

amazing

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'99 540i, '20 Merc Sprinter 4x4, 21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does anyone know if the brake lines are stainless steel? Or of any upgrades for the brake lines that would help them from having to be bled out with less frequency ?

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What has convinced you your brakes need bleeding frequently? The feel is a bit weird at first (I have 21" with PSCB), but never spongy at the end under hard braking (on a track even). Bonus with the PSCB is speed bleeders on the calipers, though maybe that's also the case with the base brake set-up as well (and I assume that's the case with the PCCB as on Turbo S).
Sponsored