faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
I love it! Very sharp... what color is the interior? I'm considering chalk/black.... but, eeks.
I needed to select one of the colors offered in animal-free Racetex, and I got the Black/Slate Gray. It sounds like it might be dull, but to me it really comes off sleek, in a stylish, contrasting two-tone. The Black on top is a good one for avoiding glare on the touchscreen displays, very important in my high desert (very sunny) environs. It makes a deep contrast with the very light Frozen Blue Metallic exterior. I've seen some fears of a "cave" look with something like solid Black, but you're not going to get that with brightening effect of the panoramic roof, especially with a two-tone, having a lighter color in the middle and on the seats.

After using my Turbo, I have zero regrets and lots of enjoyment. I would recommend the Racetex to anyone wanting or willing to avoid the leather. It is very durable, easy-to-clean, comfortable, and it gives an elegant impression. The seat heat and ventilation, the feel of the armrests and heated steering wheel, the resistance to wear and soil, the Racetex has been superb. So, if you happen to like any of the color combos offered for Racetex, I would say go for it.

To be fair, I've read a lot of positive comments about the full leather here. The Chalk/Black interior would look really nice, so what is "eeks" about it?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ponomo

ponomo

First Name
janalyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking to purchase mamba Taycan
Country flag
I needed to select one of the colors offered in animal-free Racetex, and I got the Black/Slate Gray. It sounds like it might be dull, but to me it really comes off sleek, in a stylish, contrasting two-tone. The Black on top is a good one for avoiding glare on the touchscreen displays, very important in my high desert (very sunny) environs. It makes a deep contrast with the very light Frozen Blue Metallic exterior. I've seen some fears of a "cave" look with something like solid Black, but you're not going to get that with brightening effect of the panoramic roof, especially with a two-tone, having a lighter color in the middle and on the seats.

After using my Turbo, I have zero regrets and lots of enjoyment. I would recommend the Racetex to anyone wanting or willing to avoid the leather. It is very durable, easy-to-clean, comfortable, and it gives an elegant impression. The seat heat and ventilation, the feel of the armrests and heated steering wheel, the resistance to wear and soil, the Racetex has been superb. So, if you happen to like any of the color combos offered for Racetex, I would say go for it.

To be fair, I've read a lot of positive comments about the full leather here. The Chalk/Black interior would look really nice, so what is "eeks" about it?
Really appreciate the feedback about the interior. I'll definitely take a look at the Racetex, whereas I didn't even consider it before.

My teenager is a competitive equestrian, so the "eeks" is because we are often muddy and covered in horse slobber. I wouldn't hesitate with the chalk/black if it weren't for that, but I want it to be a daily driver and would hate to wreck the clean look.

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Really appreciate the feedback about the interior. I'll definitely take a look at the Racetex, whereas I didn't even consider it before.

My teenager is a competitive equestrian, so the "eeks" is because we are often muddy and covered in horse slobber. I wouldn't hesitate with the chalk/black if it weren't for that, but I want it to be a daily driver and would hate to wreck the clean look.
I guess we've gone tangential-topic here. So after this one, I'll direct message you with anything more about it on this forum.

It's good to know you're going to put the Taycan to a lot of different uses. That's been the case for me, too. I've hauled cats in traps (we do an outdoor cat trap, neuter, and return service as a retirement hobby), two-year-old grandkids, my daughter's 70-pound dog, and more. And, we reside in a rural-outskirts area, with a large equestrian park (there's a stables/corral on my block), so I'm familiar with your "eeks" situation. I use a seat liner for the rear seats/front backrests, Porsche rubber floor mats, and multiple layers of Porsche cargo tray, foldable waterproof cargo lining, and our usual absorptive pads as trap under-liners . I've been very pleased with the performance and durability of the interior, which has continued to look brand-new and elegant after every light cleaning I've given it.
Sponsored